Johnson & Johnson Careers
HCC Officer Janssen GCC
Requisition ID: 1805667132W
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Healthcare Compliance Officer (HCCO) to be located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
Summary of the job:
This is a Business Leader role and it reports to the HCCO Emerging Markets and dotted line to the GCC Pharma Managing Director.
- Serves as a Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO) for the Pharma GCC cluster.
- Leads and drives the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Serves as a strategic business partner for management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with company executive leadership to ensure that the HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or the Code of Conduct by:
- Establishing & chairing the local Compliance Committee, the committee responsible for designing and implementing an effective compliance program and key decision making
- Translating global HCC strategies into cluster/country level strategy based on appropriate cluster needs, goals and objectives, taking into account local external regulatory trends and environment
- Developing and coordinating implementation of cluster/country strategy & plan aligning with the businesses and J&J Office of Compliance; coordinate deployment
- Assuring adequate representation in relevant business governance structures and establish discussion platforms to get general business buy-in and impact analysis
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCPs and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework and performing business plan reviews
- Working with the J&J Office of Compliance, Government Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, and external organisations (primarily trade associations) to shape & influence the environment and industry codes of conduct
- Providing and coordinating appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on HCC to all covered employees, including Affiliate/Managing Director, Management Board, etc.
- Conducting self-assessment and risk assessment processes to detect process gaps & inconsistencies
- Developing a testing & monitoring plan to demonstrate that the HCC program is effective and participate in execution where appropriate and engage Affiliate/ Board participation in roll out
- Coordinating preparations for Corporate Internal Audits
- Coordinate the establishment of the Management Action Plan, and guide the business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions
- Managing day-to-day allegations and investigations
- Participating in and leading investigations of non-compliance and implementing the escalation process for serious allegations, as appropriate
- Communicating on status of the HCC program regularly to the line manager and the relevant board(s)
- Partnering with the Global/Regional Operations team
- Interface with legal counsel regarding HCC and Privacy requirements and interpretation
- Bachelors Degree, advanced degree or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of 10 years business experience
- Experience within a Multinational Organization (MNCC)
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, or Regulatory Affairs
- Prior experience in project management is required.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Experience in Health Care Compliance would be valued.
- Understands and masters the J&J Credo based culture.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and industry standards for the countries is a plus.
- Requires strong communication, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to influence business decisions and business partners
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Ability to combine sector orientation with cross sector goals and objectives
- Proven track record in delivering results, self starter
- Committed team player
- Deals well with ambiguity and demonstrates strong organizational, process and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well between functions and across all levels of the business and effective negotiating skills are essential. Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents would be an advantage.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC (8608)