Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805666902W
Inverness, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 16th July 2018
LifeScan is a Johnson & Johnson company. LifeScan Scotland was created in 2001 when Johnson & Johnson acquired the UK assets of Inverness Medical Ltd, a medical device company established in Inverness in 1995 to design and manufacture glucose test strips, and design electronic meters for the global diabetes market.
With a focus on future development, LifeScan is committed to “creating a world without limits for people with diabetes.” Around 1,000 people are employed at the Inverness site, which is regarded as Johnson & Johnson’s centre of excellence for diabetes and self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG).
The team at LifeScan Scotland designs all the products in the OneTouch® Brand of blood glucose monitoring systems (meters, test strips, control solutions, lancing devices and diabetes management software). The OneTouch® brand has two product families – Ultra® products, made from carbon technology, and Verio® products, made form precious metals technology. LifeScan Scotland is the primary OneTouch® test strip manufacturer for the global market.
What you’re great at:
As part of the Supply Chain Finance team this Finance Analyst role will be the local element of a high-profile team, playing a key role in the Supply Chain Reporting, Compliance and Manufacturing Accounting. You will cover varied aspects of Finance from SOX, UK Statutory Reporting, UK Tax, Manufacturing Accounting and US Financial Reporting.
You will be the lead for Fixed Asset Accounting, and Business Partner for key areas with manufacturing for LifeScan Scotland Ltd. You will also have general ledger accounting responsibilities and business partner activities relating to LifeScan Scotland Ltd. As a Finance Analyst will have full responsibility for ensuring we have fully compliant processes.
As a Finance Analyst your typical day may include:
- Build a strong understanding of JDE and Hubble processes to ensure that accounting activity correctly matches with operational activity and we have consistency between the financial view and the operational view.
- Cover the Fixed Asset Accounting Management – Responsibility for Journals, Balance Sheet Recs, P&L Rec’s, SOPs, capital request reviews and tracking and other ad hoc tasks related to Fixed Assets
- Covering Forecasting the local Appropriation Expense during a Forecast and Latest Thinking Cycle
- Build a Strong relationship with the Engineering and Facilities project team updating the Financial model and tracking the changes on CARS to ensure delivery of the target or highlighting the roadblocks and raising any escalations
- Build a strong relationship with the Manufacturing Support managers as a key business partner ( HSE / Facilities / External Ops Engineering )
- Identify Cost Saving opportunities by looking at innovative ideas
- Continue to cover maintaining and improving the control environment around the Fixed Asset Accounting tasks and as DCM owner ensure that all roles and responsibilities are understood and active for key control areas. Improve the SOP’s and Work Instructions supporting the key controls.
- Take the lead to close out any compliance gaps for Fixed Asset process working alongside the operations teams as required
- Independent preparation of entries/reports/schedules needed to complete a timely financial close.
- Ensure accuracy of all entries and Reconciliations in accordance with GAAP, Compliance, Internal Audit and SOX requirements
- Lead and Support the implementation of Standardized processes across the Supply Chain Finance group relating to Fixed Asset reporting
- Continuously builds knowledge of the Company-wide processes and understanding of the “bigger picture”
- Present various cost information to visitors on site during poster sessions
- Ad hoc one time requests.
- Participates in additional projects above and beyond his/her daily activities
- Degree level qualifications
- Minimum of part –qualified professional Financial Qualification with working financial experience and working towards full qualification.
- Experience in Finance / General Accounting / Inventory / Fixed Assets / Detailed Manufacturing Accounting
- Understanding of ABC accounting preferred but not essential
- Good technical accounting background
- Knowledge of JDE preferred but not essential,
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong attention to detail high level of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to work with people at different levels, in remote locations and where English may not be first language.
- Ability to see the bigger picture as well as the detail
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company.
Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Lifescan Scotland Limited (form. Inverness Medical (7691)