Johnson & Johnson Careers
Design Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805666573W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For the Design Quality department in Oberdorf (BL), we are looking for a
Working in the Design Quality team for the Spine franchise, you should excel in an environment that embraces teamwork, change, risk-based decision making and flexibility. As the Design Quality Engineer 2, you should be willing to make a significant contribution to a multi-discipline team, must be self-motivated to take action, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position will also hold responsibility for New Product development and Base Business support to ensure the highest levels of product quality to the end customer.
- Work in a design team setting
- Support new product development and design through design verification activity
- Support design control activities for new product development efforts.
- Develop risk assessment, inspection methodology and acceptance criteria for inspection sample plans and conduct audits of new suppliers as part of the project teams.
- Provide leadership in the understanding of medical device regulations to other disciplines.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within Quality as well as cross functionally with departments such as R&D, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and Marketing.
- Excel in an environment that embraces teamwork, change, risk-based decision-making and flexibility.
- A minimum BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in related field is required. A Master’s or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and root cause analysis skills are required
- Interpersonal skills that foster conflict resolution as it relates to technical situations are required
- Previous experience in a medical device or a healthcare discipline is a preferred
- Previous experience with Medical Device Packaging solutions
- Working knowledge of Design Controls, GMPs, QSR, 21 CFR 820, MDD 93/42/EEC, ISO13485 and ISO14971 quality requirements is preferred
- Strong Quality Engineering skills with a proven track record in design verification/validation, process verification/validation, and design/process failure modes and effects analyses is preferred
- Previous Quality Engineering experience is preferred
- Experience with Blueprint reading/literacy including GD&T is preferred
- Working knowledge of material science and mechanical product knowledge is preferred
- Product development and manufacturing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of process and design excellence tools is strongly preferred. Certification is an asset (Green or Black Belt)
- Fluency in English is required. Good knowledge of German would be a strong asset.
- Proven track record implementing Quality System improvements to meet compliance and overall business goals
- Audit supporting experience is preferred
- Opened minded, multicultural environment experience is preferred
- willing to travel 10 - 20 % globally
Are you an experienced Design Quality Engineer with an international mindset and business acumen? Do you feel attracted by a dynamic environment? Then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.) by clicking here.
Please click on DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson if you want to learn more about our business and check our new career channel on YouTube www.youtube.com/user/CareersAtJNJ to understand our working culture!
Synthes GmbH (7111)