Johnson & Johnson Careers
APAC Communications Specialist
Requisition ID: 1805666480W
At Johnson & Johnson we blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. In Asia Pacific we have been working to solve the health needs of the community for over 80 years. With a presence across the region, unique research capabilities, manufacturing sites, community programs and strong partnerships we are committed to addressing the unmet needs of patients and consumers across the countries we serve.
The Asia Pacific Medical Devices Communications Specialist will support a variety of content and delivery areas, including employee communications and engagement, executive communications, Health & Wellness, public relations, social media, events and project management. As a cross-discipline content developer, the role will take in a variety of channels (online, print and broadcast) and audiences (internal and external).
A particular area of focus will be developing plans and content for social media and online engagement.
- Support the communications plan to drive the priorities of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Business in Asia Pacific, enabling the Corporation to solidify its leadership position in driving innovative and meaningful healthcare solutions for surgeons and patients in the region.
- Help develop social outreach and employee engagement with our platforms
- Help support issues management from time to time
- Support key product launches
- Coordinate the collection and development of content for stories that talk about patient and society outcomes and progress in our business
- Support communications programs to drive public awareness of disease states such as lung cancer and obesity
- Meet and support journalist outreach
- Help to track, measure and report the progress and outcomes of the team
- Promote key Health & Wellness programs internally and externally
- Support the regional executive in internal and external business and communications plans and activities
The position requires experience or familiarity with social, digital, press and other communications. The person will have the ability to seek out and produce content, develop stories, write for multiple platforms and executives and be highly organized with project management skills. Working in a large and complex environment, the role also requires a high level of learning agility and the ability to creatively solve problems and look for solutions. An interest in developing new ideas and ways of working in communications will be highly valuable.
The successful person will be able to communicate their ideas and be keen to work with people across the organization and markets around the region. They will demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- 2-3 years of communication experience is required.
- Exceptional writing ability. Experience in executive communication, including speechwriting and presentation development would be advantageous.
- The candidate must have an understanding of how traditional and social media work and ideally had experience in working with media.
- Must have excellent listening and reasoning skills; creativity in developing ideas; an understanding of the media’s perspectives and operations; comfort in dealing with complex situations and an interest in new media/communications approaches.
- Experience in working for or with agencies would be beneficial.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other related area is required.
- Fluency in English, both, oral and written, is required. Knowledge of other languages in the region is a plus.
- The candidate should be comfortable with occasional business travel.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)