Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1805666277W
Biomechanical Engineer, R&D (2 year fixed term contract)
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes Research & Development department is recruiting for a Biomechanical Engineer to join our Joint Reconstruction R&D Commercialized Product Development (CPD) Team and support an extremely important project.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction offers orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip and knee reconstruction in addition to cement and operating room products.
You will be working alongside a global project team to implement and sustain the new Medical Device regulations.
What you’re great at:
Having previous experience of regulations and project delivery would set you up for success in this role. You will need to be a strong character who can drive these changes successfully across the organisation and ensure a successful buy in of all key stakeholders.
You will be a strong collaborator who can work across multiple functions and geographies with limited support. It goes without saying that you will have proven analytical problem solving and decision-making skills. Teamed with excellent communication and being able to work on multiple assignments with differing priorities at the same time.
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As a Biomechanical Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Undertake literature review
• Ensure high level of consistency within diverse risk assessments
• Create and manage Engineering Change Orders
• Undertake mechanical/numerical analysis
• Participate in the systematic review of functions
• Assume responsibility for own commitments & delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans
• Take ownership of risk assessment to ensure they are completed and implemented in a timely manner
• Define and complete reports required for the risk management process
• Update Design FMEA’s and the companies Risk Management Process
• Interact with all levels of company management, external experts and vendors
• Liaise with and supervise vendors contracted to supply design related information to the company.
• Work to product and project cost targets
You will hold an engineering degree with Product Development experience. Ideally you will be from an orthopaedic background but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
• A proven track record of leading development projects through to completion is essential
• Strong time management and decision making skills
• Be proactive, demonstrating a high level of initiative but consistency
• Be capable of budget estimation and management
• Have excellent team working skills and flexibility
• Project Management experience
• Comfortable challenging others to ensure patient safety comes first every time
You will be self motivated with an innovative outlook to problem solving. It would be desirable to have medical engineering experience but not essential.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
This role will offer you a fantastic opportunity to have a direct impact on the customers and patients that use our products. You will work with approx. 40 other people on this project to ensure we have introduced these new regulations. You will have great visibility across various functions here at DePuy and a real opportunity to become a subject matter expert for these industry wide regulations.
This position will be for 2 years and focused on this project. We will reward your financially and offer a fantastic benefits package.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
Closing Date: 22nd July 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)
R&D Engineering (R&D)