Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist / Senior Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805666177W
We are looking for a Sr. Scientist in the field of process development with skillsets and experience in proteins purification, especially for mAb, virus, or vaccine. The candidate will be involved in purification operation, purification method development and analytical characterization of purified proteins. Scope of work includes, but not limited to, purification process development, novel technology development, technology transfer, data analysis and project reporting.
The responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Evaluate/execute company’s current platforms and technologies in downstream process development.
- Participate in the technology transfer of bioprocesses internally and externally. The work will involve working with commercial and clinical production facilities to ensure accurate technology transfer and successful large-scale production.
- Generate, manage, interpret, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner; write and present technical reports to management.
- Lead/participate in instrument purchasing and equipment maintenance for process development labs.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in collaborative projects in a matrix organization.
A. Education /Training background:
PhD with more than 5 years related experience, MS with more than 7 years related experience or BS with more than 10 years of related experience in biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with developing of robust, scalable, cost effective and well-characterized processes for purification of monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, virus and vaccine.
- Hands-on experience with chromatography and purification systems.
- Experience with lentivirus system is highly preferred.
- Process optimization, transfer and scale-up into the cGMP manufacturing facilities is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines and handle multitasks.
- Diligent, self-motivated, independent, strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Good interpersonal skills for building relationships across functions internally and externally.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)