Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post Doc Onderzoeker
Requisition ID: 1805666078W
Discovery Product Development & Manufacturing Sciences within Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., is employing several hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. API Small Molecule Development department is responsible for the development of processes for the supply of New Chemical Entities facilitating our R&D activities and, finally, commercial purposes. Moreover, new chemical processes are developed respecting our requirements concerning safety, environment, technology, economy and quality. We also are responsible for adequate information about those processes to guarantee successful development and registration of new medicines.
In the department of API Small Molecule Development, we currently have a vacancy for a postdoc organic chemistry researcher on a temporary position for 2 years:
Postdoc in the Chemical Process R&D Department
- You will be working in organic process research and development towards the synthesis of New Chemical Entities. This includes the generation of creative and innovative ways for new synthetic routes and solutions for problems encountered during scale-up of ongoing projects.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team (Process R&D, Analytical Process R&D and Technology & Engineering).
- You will report progress to the management.
- You will participate actively in the experimental work.
- You hold a PhD in chemistry, organic synthesis (optionally with an earlier postdoc experience).
- You speak English fluently and are willing to learn Dutch.
Skills and Competencies
- Keen interest in recent developments of organic chemistry and related chemical technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate to work in the lab and able to perform chemical experiments in state-of-the-art chemical laboratories including the of automated lab reactors.
- Analyse, discuss and assess the results of the experiments and report them in formal documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of the most meaningful analytical techniques: NMR, HPLC, GC, IR, UV, LC-MS.
- Good reporting skills.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)