Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs Operations
Requisition ID: 1805665810W
- Leadership position within the Janssen Medical Affairs Leadership Team
- People leader of Medical Affairs Operations comprising, Medical Information, Product Quality & Quality Assurance
- Sydney based – North Ryde
Reporting to the Executive Director, Medical & Scientific Affairs this exciting position will be responsible for leading, planning, guiding and driving medical operations strategy and activities within Medical Affairs Operations, for marketed products and those still under development in order to achieve compliance and organisational objectives. This role will also be responsible for being a key driver in audit readiness and management.
Key responsibilities & competencies include:
- Leadership – through visible and robust leadership ensure that Medical Affairs Operations is a valuable and critical partner in enabling the Business.
- People Management - Manage and coach team members to ensure a high level of performance, and provide support and guidance on career and development plans.
- Customer Excellence - Embed a customer-focused culture by aligning processes with customer needs.
- Stakeholder Collaboration - Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal customer experience that meets needs and maintains high standards of compliance and is a valuable and enabling partner for the Janssen business.
- Performance & Compliance – Ensure the capability of all medical operations functions is robust, accountable and performing at a high level to meet internal and external customer needs, as well as local, regional and global compliance requirements.
- Quality Performance – work closely with the regional Business Quality team and the cross-sector QMS team to ensure that Janssen complies with all company and regulatory requirements and is audit ready.
- Credo Role Model - Serve as a role model for making CREDO based decisions, creating a trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment while maintaining high levels of quality, compliance and accountability to ensure appropriate business growth.
- External – Consumers, patients, health care professionals, academics, TGA, Medsafe
- Internal – personnel from various departments/functions (ie. Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Health Care Compliance, Healthcare Solutions, Finance), Regional Business Quality, Cross-sector Quality.
In this role you will drive excellence through leadership in the Medical Affairs Operations teams, and with your cross functional, cross-sector and regional stakeholders. This will be for pipeline products and products already in-market. You will drive customer excellence goals and a customer focused culture by maintaining clear objectives and metrics for all teams and leverage customer interaction opportunities and insights across the organisation.
You will be PhD or PharmD qualified. You will have significant pharmaceutical industry experience in Quality Assurance and Medical Affairs, a strong customer focus and have a proven track record of managing high performing teams. You will also be able to successfully manage key cross-functional stakeholders and be able to navigate the complexities of commercial demands across different therapeutic and business areas. You will also have extensive experience in audit preparations and readiness.
You will have a well-developed commercial acumen, and your exceptional engagement and communication skills, coupled with your strategic insight will ensure your success. You will be keen to develop a long term career within Janssen and Johnson & Johnson.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop innovative products, services and healthcare solutions to help people throughout the world.
If you have proven people leadership experience within a Medical Affairs function, please apply online using the link below. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your application. Every application is reviewed by the Talent Acquisition team and candidates will receive notification of the outcome of their application in a timely manner.
Applications Close: Friday 13th July 2018
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Johnson & Johnson’s Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
Please note: for overseas based J&J employee’s applying for career opportunities in Australia/New Zealand should you be successful in obtaining the position, this will need to be on the basis it is a self-initiated move (relocation and other financial assistance will not be provided other than Visa and Tax support).
Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Janssen-Cilag Pty Ltd (7490)