Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Systems Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805665713W
Position Title: Senior Process & Systems Engineer
Report to: Senior Manager, Engineering
Travel requirement: Up to 50% Domestic/International Travel
Engineering SME for the installation, modification and support of Distribution processes / systems / equipment to drive end-to-end value and innovation within the CLS Global Network.
Main areas of responsibility:
Design, plan and implement hardware, software and process installations / modifications
· Lead technical analysis and development of opportunities / solutions to support business improvement opportunities, network optimization activities and other software / hardware projects (e.g. equipment obsolescence, capacity expansion, etc.)
· Core Team member / Engineering Lead for medium-scale projects and sub-team member for large-scale projects.
· Partner with strategic vendors to deliver required solution; conduct technical analysis of vendor proposals.
· Prepare technical documentation package including User Requirement Specifications (URS), Technical Specifications, Software design documentation, validation (IQ/OQ/PQ, SDLC/CSV), change control, test plans, material specifications, etc. in support of equipment/software projects to meet internal and external standards
· Lead and support Distribution Customers in development of technology project charters, aCAR submission deliverables, Instantis project entry and project management to support improvements in productivity, quality, capability and/or safety.
Troubleshooting expertise and Support services.
· Provide SME support on installed equipment / software
· Serve as Technical Application Owner (TAO) for select applications
Provide Technical Leadership in support of the Technology Roadmap and innovation initiatives.
· Identify key opportunities to develop and implement equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety including justification of capital projects for future project development in support of the Engineering Technology Roadmap
· Provide Technical Leadership in development of site or region-level Technology Roadmaps that enable key strategies (i.e. growth, customer needs, regulatory impacts, etc.) and document the long-term capital project pipeline.
· Identify and evaluate vendors and technology that provide innovative opportunities for new and increased capabilities within the Supply Chain.
· Interface with teams of outside designers, consultants, and contractors
· Provide engineering support in key JJOS phases (i.e. Design and Diagnostic)
· Provide engineering support for JJOS projects
· Provide Engineering Leadership for JJOS teams and other Lean initiatives.
· Prepare and deliver technical presentations
· Preparation of Vendor Statement of Work (SOW) and budgetary estimates
· Development of procedures
· Mentor and coach Interns and junior Engineers
Education & experience
· Degree Qualified with 4-6 years experience
· Ability to manage multiple projects across various disciplines
· Knowledge and application of statistics and statistical tools (e.g. Minitab) to analyze process behavior
· Advanced MS Excel skills, with the ability to analyze large volumes of data and model processes
· Engineering experience within Distribution or Manufacturing is preferred
· Experience within a FDA or highly regulated environment is preferred
· Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities is preferred
· Experience working with Information Technology services is preferred
· Knowledge of Virtual Server environments, such as VMWare, is highly preferred
· Basic understanding of database function and connectivity is highly preferred
· Knowledge of SQL or other Reporting tools is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)