Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post-doctoral Researcher Dissolution Sciences
Requisition ID: 1805665501W
the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson.
We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Dissolution Sciences team is part of Analytical Development (AD) in Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development(SMPD). The Dissolution Sciences team is responsible for dissolution method development, validation, transfer and troubleshooting throughout the Drug Product development phases; Development of biorelevant in vitro tests to predict the in vivo relative bioavailability of candidate formulations in function of their composition, excipients and manufacturing process.
Post-Doctoral Researcher Dissolution Sciences. Temporary Position for 3 Years.
- Join a team of enthusiastic researchers and develop into the role of scientific support. In this role, the aim is to apply the latest scientific thinking in dissolution testing to help bringing new medication to patients worldwide. This includes the design, planning, follow up and coaching of dissolution work to help the development of the best possible dosage form for the patient. We mainly work on solid oral formulations such as tablets and capsules for poorly soluble drugs targeting immediate or modified release.
- Link dissolution tests results from a continuous manufacturing line with process analytical tools (PAT).
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with project leaders and representatives from other departments such as formulation development, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology, quality assurance and regulatory.
- Participate in technical meetings with colleagues which are in Beerse or different sites around the world. Write and review technical and scientific documents.
- Keep up to date
with scientific and regulatory trends through literature and participation to conferences
and workshops. Apply new knowledge and technologies to adjust or streamline our
Education & experience
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or related.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences relevant to the development of formulations and analytical chemistry.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with dissolution testing, (U)HPLC, PAT and/or chemometrics/modelling is a plus.
- Fast learner with scientific curiosity, self-steering, pro-active, creative.
- Ability to work together as one team.
- Good written and spoken communication in English.
- Knowledge of Dutch or willing to learn the basics.
- Adapt to work conform to a GMP environment.
- Ability to present your work in scientific meetings and work with people around the globe.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)