Johnson & Johnson Careers
Chemical Process Operators-FTC
Requisition ID: 1805665055W
Role: Process Operator
Location: Little Island Cork, Ireland
Reports to: Manufacturing Team Lead (Supervisor)
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC has also been operating in Cork since 1981. Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC is manufacturing bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients in Little Island that are sold throughout the world to other Janssen and third-party companies where they are further processed into tablets, creams or injectable dosage forms.
We have an exciting opportunity for Process Operators to join our team in Cork. The Process Operator is responsible for the efficient operation of the Process (both wet & dry as applicable) in line with current GMP, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental and company standards.
What you’re great at:
• Excellent communication, written and oral.
• Working on own initiative to achieve both individual and team based targets.
• Excellent team player with strong customer focus.
• Excellent time management skills with good multi-tasking ability.
• Goal orientated .
As a Process Operator, your typical day may include:
• Execute and monitor controlled chemical reactions under predetermined
conditions, i.e. manufacturing orders and to strict regulatory standards.
• Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Correctly identify and check raw materials for processing.
• Operate, where applicable, computerized control systems.
• Train other Operators in all aspects of chemical processing.
• Take due care in the safe handling, storage, identification and transferal of hazardous chemicals.
• Work on own initiative, identify and respond to emergency situations if and when they arise.
• Meet target outputs on or before deadlines.
• Ensure written and oral instructions are adhered to. Ensure the safety, quality and efficiency of all operators.
• Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensure all labelling and recording is timely and accurate.
• Carry out checks and audits as detailed by Chargehand /Manufacturing Team Lead.
• Conduct all operations according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Engage in work for other production related sectors as required.
• Communicate all observations to Chargehand / Manufacturing Team Lead
• Participate in approval system.
• Deliver batch output onto the computer inventory system.
• Be familiar with all safety data, process instructions, equipment operation and labelling/recording requirements.
• Loading of tankers / solid containers (if required)
• Offloading empty drums, checking and storing of same.
• Operation of bailing machine / compactor (if required).
• Transfer of waste from IBCs and drums to Tank Farm and from tank to tank.
• Collection and transfer of waste from set down areas to Drumstore.
• Segregation of waste in Drumstore (if required).
• Upkeep of IBC Log Book.
• Preparation of Solid Waste Loads (if required).
• Pumping out bunds (if required).
• Housekeeping of Process areas and other areas (if required).
• Any other task related to waste handling
• Other duties and responsibilities as they arise.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not disc
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have the following:
• The position of Process Operator requires experience in similar type of industry and/or a third level qualification in a science related field is desirable but not necessary.
• Team player with an ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational abilities and a hands-on mentality.
• Focus on patients and customers at all times.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)