Johnson & Johnson Careers
Materials Engineering Lead
Requisition ID: 1805664266W
Materials Engineering Lead
DePuy has been a pioneer in the fields of orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience therapies for decades.
From non-surgical pain management to complete surgical solutions, it’s range of treatment options include those for treating or reconstructing damaged or diseased joints, caring for traumatic skeletal injuries, treating spinal disorders and deformity, and repairing injured soft tissue. In addition, DePuy offers a wide range of state-of-the-art therapies for neurological and central nervous system care.
DePuy Synthes at Blackpool specializes in the manufacture of bone cement and related chemical products supplied to a global market, primarily for joint replacement surgery.
A member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world’s leading healthcare company, DePuy is dedicated to providing patients all around the globe with a lifetime of movement solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Engineering Lead to join our team based in Blackpool. In this role, you will provide leadership in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, you will be responsible for identifying and leading strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of processes. The role involves providing people and technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
What you’re great at:
You will be a strong technical leader who will provide people and technical leadership whilst working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
As a Materials Engineering Lead, your typical day may include:
• Develop and implement long-term strategy for materials related technologies
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective long-term outcomes
• People leadership responsibility, including talent development, goal setting and resource management
• Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies. Facilitate technical problem resolution through the application of best practice tools such as 8-D, DMAIC, etc
• Develop innovative product development processes to shorten lifecycle of product time to market
• Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for materials processes
• Drive Validation /Verification strategies, authoring Master Validation Plans
• Develop innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Lead and manage collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
• Development of capital business cases for new process development projects
• Mentor and guide external researchers on collaborative projects
• Interface with global academic Institutes in material science
To be part of this dynamic team you will have strong technical experience of managing large complex projects together with and strong evidence of leading a technical team, alongside:
• Ph.D/Masters in Material Sciences or Engineering 4-6 years’ experience in a medical device company or similar industry
BSc Material Sciences or Engineering 6-8 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
• Experience in a Technical Environment –in the areas of polymers, coatings, biomaterials.
• Extensive statistical and problem-solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE, A3, RCCA
SPC, DoE etc)
• Experience in Material Characterization (chemical/physical) and in advanced
It would be great if you had a certification in Project Management and/or pproduct and process validation experience within a high volume medical device manufacturing environment
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
This is a great role to work cross functionally with many teams to drive technical improvements. We will support you to develop both technically and personally in order to drive your own career. As the subject matter expert on site, the business will look to you for technical guidance. This role will give you the opportunity to shape the team and drive change across the business.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 18th July 2018
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)