Johnson & Johnson Careers
Category Development Manager
Requisition ID: 1805663352W
Job Posting Closes: 20th July 2018
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire.
- Analyses and makes recommendations for all category distribution/space changes in retailer range reviews based on shopper understanding, sales performance, retailer data, profitability, shopper decision trees, incrementality and substitutability.
- Ensures all proposals are in line with the distribution, shelf and merchandising principles that meet shopper needs and optimise the assortment to maximise sales for the retailer and J&J.
- Set objectives for all range reviews in conjunction with perfect store & CD team, takes ownership to gain agreement to the changes and is accountable for excellent delivery instore
- Provide range/assortment recommendations that enable fast distribution and high-quality visibility of NPI and deliver instore
- Demonstrate expertise by utilising the new category strategy at all external meetings to provide clarity on J&Js view and work to develop retailer specific tactical action plan
- Provide actionable insights and practical distribution, shelf and merchandising solutions at the point of purchase to meet shopper expectations, grow category sales and gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure all external contact has a compelling insight at its heart with a clear ‘so what’ and a tangible action.
- Where identified work with target retailers to develop category partnerships and/or to unlock JVC opportunities for the business.
- Develop strong working relationships with your retail customer by becoming the category expert and offering advice that support the total category business. Determine the correct contact strategy to ensure (where applicable) J&J are range review partners
- Input into CD briefs and other relevant parts of IBP process including clear guidance on distribution opportunities, opportunities for NPI, sku hierarchies, ROS guidance and risks from tail skus
- Engage in retailer planning days fully providing the objective category story to support J&J initiative
- Proven track record in Category Development including ownership of range reviews
- Experience working with High street and Grocery retailers required, Pharmacy experience preferred
Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
Eagerly accepts stretch goals – winning attitude
Collaboration with multiple stakeholders
Deep understanding of shopper needs
Ability to turn insights into tangible shelf solutions
Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities
Team workload management and prioritisation
Commercial and Financial acumen
Regulatory and compliance focused
Thorough knowledge of retail environment
Ability to develop strong external partnerships
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)