Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Regional Sub-Category Lead, HR Services (Procurement)
Requisition ID: 1805660212W
Provides end-to-end category management support to the business, including responsibility for the vision, strategy and implementation for a specific subcategory or commodity within the Enterprise-wide J&J HRS category that will effectively meet the needs of the business and deliver the maximum value for J&J. This includes business engagement, sourcing, supplier management activities, and Procurement strategy & enablement activities.
This role may provide primary category oversight for contingent labor and employee services sub-categories or commodities and provide general support to HRS procurement activities in several country clusters in APAC.
This role may provide primary supplier management for key suppliers (as defined by J&J tier of oversight incorporating business risk, total spend, criticality to business, maturity, etc.) .
Business Engagement. Managing the needs and expectations of the Business to drive satisfaction while ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies. Sub-processes: Stakeholder Engagement, New Opportunities exploration, Demand Signal Management, Requirements & Specifications Gathering, Strategy Execution/Category Integration. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
Category Strategy. The vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category of spend that will effectively meet the needs of the Business and deliver the maximum value for J&J. Sub-processes: Demand Analysis, Supply Market Assessment, Commodity Inflation Management, Category Strategy Development, Category Strategy Implementation. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
Sourcing. A disciplined approach for reducing total costs of externally purchased services and improving levels of quality, service and value to the Business. Sub-processes: Sourcing Strategy & Approach to Market, Sourcing Documentation Creation, Sourcing Event Execution, Negotiation & Supplier Selection, Sourcing Implementation. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
Managing commercial term negotiation to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk. Sub-processes: Legal, Finance, IT, HR, Tax interface, Contracts Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements
Supplier Management. Managing the interactions with the organizations that supply the services to J&J including relationship building, data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement. Sub-processes: Supplier Segmentation, Engagement & Governance, Supplier Performance Management, Conduct Business Reviews, Supplier Risk Management, Supplier Change Management, Supplier Development / Improvement, Supply Base Optimization. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
Procurement Strategy & Enablement. Develop and maintain the strategic direction for the Procurement function, ensure alignment to strategic goals and standards, develop and manage our people and effectively manage the enabling tools and technology required across the function. Sub-processes: Procurement Strategy, Process & Policies Management, Compliance & Risk Management , Procurement Performance Management, Systems & Data Management, Reporting & Analytics, Communications & Change Management, Project Management & PMO, Talent & Organization Management, Training, Knowledge Management and Market Intelligence. Percentage allocation of sub-processes within this area may vary depending on business requirements.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
- Implements and administers standard Procurement policies and processes for multiple departments/geographic area, client groups, or functional projects.
- Has autonomy and authority to make decisions for his/her unit and activities under his/her responsibility. Exercises judgment independently within scope to develop new approaches and resolve issues.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively; is results-oriented and customer-focused.
- Sets priorities, allocates resources. Prioritizes requests and proposes effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Has leadership skills needed to manage teams and influence others.
CONNECT. Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- Cultivate external relationships and partnerships
- Be insight-driven to uncover unmet needs
- Forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise
SHAPE. Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- Translate insights into viable solutions that create value
- Challenge the status-quo; lead and adapt to change
- Take and manage risks
LEAD. Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- Take ownership for performance and development of self and others
- Maximize the power of diversity and inclusion
- Engage in transparent and constructive conversations
DELIVER. Drive results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
- Empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability
- Demonstrate a global and enterprise-wide mindset
- Balance short and long-term strategic choices
- Report to Regional HRS category Lead APAC
- Will interface with various cross-level, cross-functional (HR, Legal, Finance, etc.) cross-sector, cross-Department in APAC
- Working in HRS category team cross-region within Procurement.
- Significant interactions with external supplier environment; may manage relationships with senior management of incumbent and non-incumbent suppliers.
- Serve as a primary contact person for certain country clusters.
- Interacts with External Alliances and other supplier management groups when appropriate.
- BA/BS; Advanced Degree (MBA, other Master-level degree)
- Minimum 6-8 years business experience
- Prior successful supervisory/people management experience desirable.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management ® (CPSM®) certification from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) desirable.
- Project Management Professional® (PMP®) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) desirable.
- Experience in the R&D and/or Supply Chain category-related areas (e.g. pharmaceutical industry, drug development, etc.) desirable.
This position to be based in Singapore.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)