Johnson & Johnson Careers
GMED Compliance Officer
Diegem, Brussels-Capital Region
Requisition ID: 1805659282W
GMED Healthcare BVBA is the European Trading and Distribution Company for all goods of the Medical Devices (MD) sector of J&J, managing a network of Distribution Centers and the related in and outgoing material flows. As part of the MD Global Supply Chain, it is a central entity that owns all goods and manages financial flows related to European distribution for MD EMEA (and affiliate deliveries from Europe to rest of world).
This position is responsible for ensuring a strong, efficient internal control environment within GMED. Reporting to the Finance Manager of the Accounting-Reporting-Compliance team and business partnering with the local Management team and the Global Services team in Prague. It is a role which provides many opportunities for collaboration both within and outside the Finance community, and allows the job holder to significantly contribute to the continued success of our function.
Permanent contract – full time.
Main responsibilities will include:
Management of financial compliance activities:
- Implement and maintain local Compliance Strategy and promote within the team and company
- Ensuring the control environment reflects latest corporate requirements
- Working closely with process owners to continuously improve their controls environment
- Maintaining and updating the Metric Stream system to reflect the current internal control framework environment and the Pentana system of current and previous audit issues to ensure the control environment is correctly stated
- Conduct the annual internal control ‘SOX’ testing and certification within the required timelines
- Ensuring risks are identified, well managed and understood
- Involvement in / leadership of strategic projects
- Supporting Finance and operations teams for SOX / Compliance questions
- Ensuring Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) are implemented timely
- Preparing the organisation for and managing successful internal audits by J&J Corporate Internal Audit (CIA), and external audits by PwC.
- Implementing and maintaining the standardized SOX Documentation package within the Region ensuring a strong internal control environment
- Ensuring Corporate deadlines are achieved timely and efficiently
- Executing Compliance training for the local Finance teams, and maintaining SOX awareness and focus
- Managing and promoting Compliance activities around Sarbanes-Oxley and compliance topics
- Other ad hoc requests for information
The key requirements for the position are:
- Recognised Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CIA)
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience, at least 1 year with large multi-national
- 2 years experience in “Big 4” Practise preferred
- Proven track record in leading and managing successful Sarbanes-Oxley compliance programmes
- Experience of assessing internal controls and communicating findings to a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of J&J MD businesses preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain (warehousing & distribution) preferred
- Highly motivated, proactive and results-driven team player, thrives in matrix organisation
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence people at all management levels
- Analytical approach and a keen eye for detail with strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication/coordination and project management skills
- Resilient and flexible to change, ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations
- Possess and promote values consistent with J&J Credo
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.