Johnson & Johnson Careers
Postdoctoral Fellow – Cancer Innate Immunity
Requisition ID: 1805659166W
Postdoctoral Scientist – Innate immunity research
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) unit of Johnson and Johnson group of companies aspires is to be a world leader in the prevention, interception and cure of diseases of high unmet medical need. In the Innate Immunity research unit of WWDA, we currently have a vacancy for a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellow position, that can be extended with another year upon positive evaluation.
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow with hands-on experience in mouse models of sterile inflammation and cancer and who will be responsible for analyzing innate immune mechanisms in the tumor micro-environment. The successful candidate will also be involved in the development of innovative research tools to study potential biomarkers of inflammation upon disruption of cellular integrity. The postdoctoral fellow will work in a highly dynamic and innovative environment with the opportunity to interact with several internal and external collaborators. The applicant should be highly motivated and passionate about driving and performing research and associated laboratory tasks, and be able to work independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and conduct innovative molecular, cellular and in vivo experiments to understand the inflammatory response upon disruption of cellular integrity in the tumor micro-environment
- Develop and validate novel analysis tools for potential biomarkers for sterile inflammation
- Design research plans and expand research ideas based on experimental results and scientific information to address scientific questions
- Analyse and document experimental data in laboratory notebooks
- Draft and prepare research study reports and peer reviewed manuscripts
- Present and discuss scientific data, research posters and oral communications with colleagues at internal and external meetings
- Mentor students and junior scientists
- PhD in Immunology, Oncology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline is required.
- FELASA C or equivalent degree accreditation is required.
- A sound track record of publications in peer reviewed journals is required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with in vivo cancer models and in vivo analysis of immune responses is required.
- Maximally 3 years of postdoctoral experience in an industrial or academic environment is required.
- Solid scientific understanding of innate immunity and tumorigenesis is required.
- Engaged scientist, detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills.
- Proficient in oral and written scientific English.
- Able to effectively report and present scientific data and concepts according to international standards of the scientific community.
Are you the one who is willing to jump on this exciting challenge in a research team which is pursuing high quality science? This job does provide you with unique learning opportunity, excellent growth possibilities and a conducive working atmosphere.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)