Johnson & Johnson Careers
Asia Pacific Medical Affairs Director, Neuroscience and IDV
Requisition ID: 1805658820W
- Reporting To: Asia Pacific Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area (TA) Lead for Neuroscience & IDV
- Direct Reports: No
- Group: Asia Pacific Medical Affairs (AP MAF)
- Skill and Tract Specialty: Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs
- Job location: Based in Singapore with extensive AP and international travels (~30-40% of time).
Overall Purpose of the Job
As an AP Medical Affairs Leader
- Launch Leadership: To lead the preparation and launch of Esketamine in Major Depression with Suicide Ideation (MDSI) in partnership with Global, Regional and Country cross-functions.
- Strategic Leadership: To lead the efforts in strengthening and implementing on the AP strategy to drive growth and penetration of paliperidone palmitate long-acting treatments (PPLAT) across the Asia Pacific region.
- Integrated Value Team (IVT) Leadership: To co-lead with Commercial the AP IDV IVT in developing and executing on the IDV portfolio as a whole and on specific disease areas like HIV, respiratory viral infections and tuberculosis.
- Pipeline Leadership: To represent medical affairs in leading the activities related to pipeline products for Neuroscience and IDV.
As a Partner to AP Medical Affairs TA Lead
- Launch Leadership: Provide medical support for the preparation and launch of Esketamine in Treatment Resistant Depression across Asia Pacific.
- Strategic Leadership: Support the strengthening of Country-specific PPLAT strategy and customer-engagement capabilities to accelerate the growth and penetration of PPLAT, especially within JACKI countries.
- Talent and Capability Building: Mentor and role model for Country Medical Advisors and Scientific Liaisons to raise the quality of Medical Affairs and contribute to enhancing colleague engagement and talent retention for Neuroscience and IDV across Asia Pacific.
- Integrated Value Team (IVT): Co-lead with Commercial the AP IDV IVT. Partner TA Lead to lead the AP Neuroscience IVT.
- Scientific and Strategic Expert Leadership: To represent the collective voice of the AP region at Global Neuroscience and IDV forums (GMAT, CDT, other ad-hoc meetings). Leverage scientific and strategic expertise to provide medical leadership to regional-country cross-functional teams.
- Strategy: Develop and/or enhance AP Neuroscience and IDV Strategy in partnership with Global-Regional-Country cross-functional teams.
- Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP): Lead Regional-Country cross-functional teams, including MAF and Market Access, to derive IEGPs for the AP Region and individual, especially JACKI, countries. The Neuroscience and IDV Regional and Country IEGPs should relate seamlessly with the respective Global IEGPs.
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs): Develop an AP KOL strategy for Neuroscience and IDV in partnership with Global-Regional-Country cross-functions. Purposeful KOL engagements to gather critical insights to shape internal strategies as well as build strategic advocacy to advance our business goals.
- Medical Activities: Confidence in independently implementing medical activities in a timely fashion within the allocated budget in collaboration with relevant Global-Regional-Country cross-functional teams. Some of these activities include, but are not limited to,
- Education: external events (e.g. symposia and Advisory Board) and internal medical training
- Publication: develop and implement on Publication Plan
- Safety: address product safety issues
- Regulatory: support regulatory filing
- Clinical Research: protocol review for company-sponsored and investigator-initiated studies. Conduct and support clinical trials in AP.
- Promotional Activities: review AP promotional activities/materials.
- Strong Leadership: able to work independently with minimal supervision. A self-starter with a keen sense of ownership, commitment and accountability.
- Team Player and Collaborator: able to forge team unity across Regional-Country cross functions to achieve our common goals.
- Thought Leadership: able to think critically and independently as well as analyse and solve complex issues. Good sense of judgement with ability to weigh pros, cons and potential trade-offs during decision making.
- Quality Performance: self-disciplined individual demanding high standards with quality deliverables
- Matrix Leadership: Demonstrate flexibility and ability to thrive in ambiguity. Able to manoeuvre and lead within complex matrix environment through effective communication and influencing skills. Fluency in English is a must.
- A healthy competitive and innovative spirit that constantly seeks to differentiate against our competitors and deliver greater value to our customers.
- Medical degree and higher medical qualification essential
- Neuroscience experience a significant advantage
- 8+ years industry/business experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in Medical Affairs – must be able to execute standard medical affairs activities independently with minimal supervision. Experience in research and development (R&D) a significant advantage.
- 5+ years experience in clinical practice, preferably in Neuroscience
- Product launch experience an advantage.
- Experience in the Asia Pacific region an advantage.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)