Johnson & Johnson Careers
STATISTICAL PROGRAMMING LEADER ASSOC DIR
Requisition ID: 1805658737W
Statistical Programming Leader – Associate Director – Janssen
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Statistical Programming Leader – Associate Director.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Statistical Programming Leader (SPL) – Associate Director within the Integrated Data Analytics and Reporting (IDAR) plays the roles of both project and people leader within the Statistical Programming and Analysis functional area.
This position is responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training and functional management of the statistical programming team starting up in the High Wycombe site with an eventual transition into the SPL role as detailed below.
As functional area project leader is responsible for formulating the Statistical Programming and Analysis strategy of one or more programs of medium to high complexity within a disease area and/or therapeutic area. The SPL provides operational oversight and is accountable for the planning and execution of statistical programming activities across multiple clinical trials and cross-trial activities for the programs assigned.
As functional area people leader, the Associate Director level SPL manages others and is responsible for recruitment, onboarding, performance management and people development as applicable. In this role, the SPL is also accountable for effective resource allocation and utilization of resources as well as optimal assignment of work in accordance with sourcing decisions, people/partnership development goals and business needs.
This position serves as the Statistical Programming primary point of contact for the GCDO Program Leader (GPL) and is accountable to the GPL for statistical programming deliverables at the program level in collaboration with other functional area members. This position interfaces with program level Therapeutic Area (TA) leaders to provide regular trial and/or program status updates and leads proactive problem solving as well as escalation of statistical programming issues to appropriate functional leaders as well as cross-functional leaders as needed.
Additionally, the Associate Director level SPL provides leadership and expertise in relevant technical areas and process/standards projects/initiatives with minimum guidance. Is expected to show initiative in connecting with functional/cross-functional members in sharing lessons-learned and shaping processes and practices in line with SPL’s strategic vision.
Principal responsibilities will include:
Accountable for Statistical Programming strategy, planning and execution of activities of medium to high complexity within one or more programs.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and completion of all statistical programming activities on time, within budget, and with high quality, consistent with departmental and company quality and compliance standards for assigned programs.
- In collaboration with management, designs statistical programming strategy across multiple studies within a program and for non-trial activities over the life cycle of a compound/program to ensure consistency, efficiency and proactive problem solving solutions for statistical programming deliverables.
- In collaboration with the Statistical lead and other cross functional colleagues, provides input for submission strategy to regulatory agencies and ensures all statistical programming related submission deliverables are complete and compliant.
- Responsible for implementation of data life cycle plans and ensuring consistency in analysis dataset design across trials, within a program.
- Serves as the statistical programming primary point of contact to the GCDO GPL for trial-related activities and CPL for a given program. Represents Statistical Programming and Analysis on the clinical team for cross-trial activities as needed.
- Contributes to the development of vendor contracts and R&D Company business planning budget estimates. Oversees vendor management and escalation for projects within their programs.
- Proactively evaluates resource demand and ensures updates to functional planning systems.
- Responsible for anticipation, prevention and early detection of issues impacting statistical programming deliverables for a program. Manages program level statistical programming issue resolution activities and escalates as needed.
- Participates in project or trial initiation activities, as needed.
- Collaborates with external partners on statistical programming related deliverables for co-development programs.
- Takes a leadership role for statistical programming related aspects of regulatory agency inspections and J&J internal audits. Coordinates real time inspection readiness for all statistical programming deliverables as necessary.
Provides leadership by attracting and retaining top talent, developing team members, and ensuring organizational effectiveness, transparency, and communication.
- Charged with making decisions associated with the management of assigned personnel and local administration, including hiring, onboarding, performance management, budget, travel, etc.
- Undertakes performance development responsibilities through coaching, functional and disease area training, and performance management as well as ensure compliance with department SOP’s, policies and regulatory guidance documents.
- Accountable for the decisions made by the programmers from a performance perspective.
This position is accountable for recruiting, resource planning, management and development of all employees within their area of responsibility to meet current and future business needs. Coaching and mentoring others as needed.
This role provides significant input and/or leadership into the development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures, training and standards.
- Accountable for actively identifying opportunities, evaluates and drives solutions to enhance efficiency and knowledge-sharing at the department level. Stays current with industry trends that have an effect on departmental processes.
- Serves as departmental resource in areas of technical expertise.
- Takes a leadership role in cross-IDAR or cross-functional initiatives/process improvements.
Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience OR Masters/MBA and experience; OR PhD with post-doc experience with experience. University/college degree in a scientific discipline is preferred.
In-depth knowledge of programming practices (including tools and processes) and relevant regulatory guidelines is required. TA experience and strong portfolio knowledge is required. Project management experience dealing with customers, leading teams to successful outcomes, outsourcing strategies, contract oversight, negotiations and leading through influence are required. Experience working on cross-functional teams is required. Experience supervising staff is preferred.
Demonstrated strong communication skills and experience working within a matrix environment. Excellent leadership, decision-making skills and proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness, act as a change agent, and adapt to rapidly changing organization and business environment. Demonstrated innovative thinking to allow for optimal design and execution of clinical development strategies.
The SPL Associate Director is differentiated through a greater level of functional/cross-project impact and independent decision-making. This position is expected to operate with minimal guidance.
In depth knowledge of regulatory guidance documents such as GCP/ICH requirements and relevant clinical R&D concepts.
Other relevant experiences and skills may be considered by the hiring manager when considering the candidate’s eligibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)