Johnson & Johnson Careers
EMEA Advanced Analytics Director
Requisition ID: 1805658625W
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Director – EMEA Advanced Analytics will sit on Global Advanced Analytics Leadership Team. This senior executive is responsible for building and adapting transformational analytics capabilities for the region – making current insights and analytics more efficient and effective while also adding new capabilities and setting the foundation for smarter insights that fuels our competitive edge through better and faster decisions.
The Director – EMEA Advanced Analytics defines and owns the regional analytics strategy, manages regional supplier/syndicated relationships/contracts, leverages and adapts globally defined priority analytics capability, enforces regional governance and outcome measurement, deploys regional organization and talent strategies and fosters an ‘analytics first’ culture as a champion of change in ensuring J&J embraces discipline and fact-based state-of-the-art analytic solutions to drive consumer and shopper engagement and help drive sales and profitability.
This executive manages a regional team of analytics leaders and promotes the organization’s use of advanced analytical technologies and capabilities to optimize investments and predict market actions.
The incumbent must build strong collaborative partnerships with senior business leaders across the region. Be the trusted advisor for EMEA Consumer Chairman and EMEA Marketing Strategy VP, and business leaders across both regional customer and marketing teams.
- Oversee regional analytics strategy, coordinating and aligning the delivery and support of analytics for the region and markets, ensuring adoption of globally defined standards across all key stakeholder groups while engraining analytics in key decisions to drive outcomes. Clearly and continuously communicate analytic vision, ensuring on-going regional stakeholder sponsorship and alignment. Serve as regional analytics thought leader and change agent within and outside the company.
- Providing thought leadership, idealization and lead implementation with EMEA analytics team in advanced analytic methodologies and processes to optimize all aspects of business decision making. For example, but not limited to:
- Drive sustainable revenue growth through the delivery and on-going support of advanced and automated advertising, digital, pricing, promotion, assortment simulation models and insight decision making
- Leverage and deploy globally developed consistent processes, predictive sales forecasting and business planning methods including demand sensing, causal factors and risk volatility.
- Leverage market structures to derive differentiated consumer/shopper insights that enhance understanding of our consumers and the marketplace, leading to larger product launches, executional excellence and innovation. Focus on consumer and shopper segmentation, market/purchase structure, brand offer optimization, test and learn analysis, and other improved performance program
- Enable regional and market performance tracking – deploying standardized, automated consistent and globally aligned management reports, dashboards, key performance indicators and data for self-serve.
- Mobilize integrated regional analytics organization providing consistent and trusted analytic expertise, inspiration, insights and decision support to the RMO, marketing and customer teams.
- Attract, develop and retain pipeline of highly engaged, superior internal and externally sourced analytics talent. Advance overall analytics IQ by building analytics learning into regional marketing and customer talent strategies, engraining ‘lead with data’ philosophy
- Activate agile regional analytics portfolio management and governance framework that optimizes and scales investments, and measures outcomes – aligned and connected to global standards and processes
- Establish and maintain global aligned, regional data strategy enabling standard use of data through managed suppliers, sourcing strategies, ingestion processes and storage schemas for high quality, authoritative data sets. Define and enforce global data governance policies for data stewardship and quality at the regional level.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods
- 12+ years of experience in translating data with analytic methods into insights and drive critical business decision making
- At least 8 years of managing high performance analytics or insight teams; strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills; effective manager of people and strong team-building skills
- Experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises are preferred. Ideally, has working knowledge of the CPG business (both client and supplier), the information that drives it, and the analytical approaches that
- Strong domain expertise with experiences in multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis, behavioral market structure etc.
- Knowledge of data structure; information systems/tools, and related software and data management; enterprise content management, and record-keeping policies and practices
- Demonstrated strength in examining issues, shaping strategy and influencing effectively across the organization, driving people, process and technology change.
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services. Employs sound judgment in determining how innovations will be deployed to produce a value outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists. Demonstrated strength in partnering with internal/external contacts globally to generate mutually beneficial, long-term opportunities and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large team across business and technical areas. Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking
- Experience leading multiple high-profile projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources. Ability to estimate required effort for project objectives and prioritize work items appropriately
- Must be able to demonstrate a pattern of success in using advanced quantitative analytic methods to solve business problems to drive business results
Cilag GmbH International (8525)