Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805658124W
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is a global biotech company which is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Within this family the company focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to the company.
For our Engineering, Validation & Maintenance (EVM) department we are currently seeking for a fulltime;
(Sr) Project Engineer (m/f)
The Engineering-Validation-Maintenance (EVM) department (> 30 persons) is a young, motivated and dynamic team responsible for the technical support of all utilities, production and laboratory areas and all involved equipment on the Janssen Vaccines & Prevention site Leiden.
We work in a challenging environment where we make great progress in commercializing our vaccines. Engineering has a large project portfolio to improve the existing environment. The Validation group looks after the correct qualification and validation status of GMP critical equipment and processes. The key-focus point of the maintenance group is asset maintenance management of all assets within JVP.
“I have worked as a project engineer at Janssen for the past 5 years. During this time I have worked on a variety of projects across many topics and disciplines including utilities, equipment and process improvements, being encouraged to think of novel solutions. This variety has given me the opportunity to work amongst a wide variety of departments and people, and it’s great to feel like I’m making a difference as part of a team”.
As (senior) project engineer you will be reporting to the Sr manager EVM.
In a multidisciplinary team of engineers you will be leading/supporting complex engineering projects from the initiation to the finalization phase.
- Lead Engineering/feasibility studies;
- Prepare and write project management documentation (Project plan, planning, Risk assessments, cost calculations, resource planning, etc);
- Prepare & write technical specifications (e.g. URS) and test protocols;
- Supervise/manage external engineers;
- Be setting up/executing Change Controls in full compliance with GxP regulations;
- Prepare and execute FAT, SAT’s;
- Hand over completed projects to operational departments;
- Make use of lean tools throughout all project phases;
- Support qualification activities (IQ, OQ).
Education: Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Process or Electrical Engineering
- Project management.
- Laboratory and Pharmaceutical (GMP) production environment
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific for the pharmaceutical industry and maintenance & engineering (e.g. GMP, NEN3140, VCA, CE, etc.)
- Pharmaceutical and/or bio processing principles typically used in Upstream and Downstream processing for vaccines manufacturing using disposable technologies (e.g. bioreactors & filtration systems)
- You have a minimum of 4-6 years work experience as Project Engineer.
- You are a good communicator in the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Quality oriented & critical Mind-set
- Good analytical skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Strong team player
- Diplomacy & Sensitivity
Apply directly for this interesting position within the EVM team!
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)