Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Care Compliance Senior Manager
Requisition ID: 1805657897W
Implements the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program locally under supervision of the Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO) to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti-corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); and serves as a strategic business partner for local management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
This position reports to the HCCO of Xian Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (Xian Janssen). This position is located in Beijing, China.
- Senior level experienced compliance professional with strong compliance background
- Requires strong communication, organisational, analytical and people skill
- Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and lead business partners to drive company-wide compliance program
- Capable of making strategic decisions based on the local legal, business and market environment
- Ability to work effectively with both local, regional and global stakeholders
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, or Regulatory
- Proven track record in delivering results, self-starter and ability to manage complexity a must
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Under the supervision of the HCCO of Xian Janssen, the Senior Manager is responsible for developing, supervising the implementation and execution of the HCC programs relating to Xian Janssen as well as collaborating with the broader HCC team in China on the implementation of the cross-sector J&J Compliance Initiatives in China, Incidents Management, Risk Assessment, Management Action Plan and Monitoring consistent with the business needs and standards developed by J&J HCC & Privacy (HCC&P). The Senior Manager will be also responsible for partnering with one of the Business Units (BU) of Xian Janssen to provide guidance and advise from HCC perspectives to ensure compliance growth, specifically,
- Tailor HCC monitoring programs (including data-monitoring) by working closely with relevant HCC and enabling functions to identify warning signals and/or gaps for the covered business units and the whole company; providing meaningful feedback to Xian Janssen leadership and developing appropriate approaches to address the gaps.
- Assist in managing and supporting allegations and investigations, as appropriate, related to Xian Janssen.
- Implement the escalation process for HCC-related allegations, as appropriate.
- Implement, follow up and ensure successful closure of the Management Action Plan by collaborating with relevant functions, and guide the business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Act as a consultant to provide day-to-day guidance, advice to covered employees.
- Support ethical decision-making capability within the business by participating BU leadership team meeting, reviewing promotional strategies and other significant business initiatives.
- Deploy HCC policies and/or procedures in covered BU by providing necessary tailored training and/or communication to covered employees, managing changes, and monitoring implementation
- Partner with BU leadership team to ensure compliance ownership and right tone-at-the top.
- Ensure business activities with health care professionals and government officials are planned and executed in consistence with applicable HCC policies and procedures, including conducting necessary pre-approval of such activities.
- Interface with the global/regional HCC community to share approaches to HCC.
- Help team members to set up short-term and long-term objective on the career development and support the implementation of the objectives.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS, advanced degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries
- Minimum of 7 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in HCC or related compliance function (e.g., regulatory, quality, finance)
- Experience leading in a multi-national company environment preferred
- Experience conducting audits and managing auditing programs in one or more compliance areas (e.g., HCC, FCPA, Finance, Quality, Regulatory)
- Breadth of experience in all areas of:
- Compliance and regulation
- Devising and implementing policies, guidelines and/or standard operating procedures
- Testing and monitoring
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent and objective thinker, able to advance ideas and influence others
- Manages conflicts in an open and constructive manner
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical or statistical skills required
- Excels at developing and maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of organisation based on an understanding of their concerns, needs and motivations.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal) including formal presentation skills
- High level of integrity with good ethical core values
- Good interpersonal skills
Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (7043)
Health Care Compliance