Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineering Team Leader
Requisition ID: 1805657883W
Process Engineering Team Leader
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, we are looking to recruit an Engineering Team Leader to join the team.
The Operations function of DePuy Synthes offers exciting career opportunities for high calibre professionals. We provide value by delivering bespoke operational performance, supporting our internal and external customers. At DePuy Synthes, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Process Engineering Team Leader. This role is ideal for someone who wants to provide innovative engineering leadership to new product development activity, customs, continuing care, 3D technology and prototypes. You will lead the team providing engineering support to manufacturing operations and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost.
What you’re great at:
As the process engineering team leader, you will have the ability to think creatively, driving forward the next generation of concepts together with providing “custom devices” and “make to order” for our customers.
You will have exceptional engineering leadership experience to enable you to drive the day to day activities and performance of the team. You will approach every task with a continuous improvement mindset and be the catalyst for improvement within engineering and drive operational excellence.
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As the Process Engineering Team Leader, your typical day may include:
• Talent development of team members through coaching, training and personalised developments plans.
• Business plan development through the identification and execution of projects and savings in areas such as Quality, Capacity, Scrap and Consumables reduction.
• Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
• Management of the engineering budget for the areas of responsibility
• Manage the consumables budget through the execution of the activities committed to in the Business Plan meeting financial targets
• Lead a structured approach to scrap reduction within the value streams through data capture, analysis and problem solving meeting commitments made in the Business Plan
• Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream
• Provide updates to management on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to financial performance in the areas of scrap and consumables
• Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions across the team
• Provide support to the team in Root Cause Analysis of supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma
• Definition and execution of individual performance improvement and development plans for team members in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives and objectives
• Provision of effective performance reviews in a timely manner
• Provision of continuous support and mentoring to the team members.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team
• Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering team
• Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Training, Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s across the team
• Ensure all process development and validation activities within the team are managed in accordance with the Quality management system
• Provide direction and support for the development of validation strategies
Ideally you will hold an engineering degree teamed with demonstrated engineering leadership experience within a manufacturing environment. It would be great if you came from an orthopaedic background but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
• Previous people management experience.
• Experience in a regulated industry.
• Experience in 5 axis CNC machining including Siemens Unigraphics NX CAM programming.
• Experience with Cleanlines or Packaging.
• Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
• Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
It goes without saying that you will be proactive, passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can-do attitude which will mean you are motivated towards achieving goals and have a pro-active approach to continuous improvement. You will lead by example and quickly comprehend complex product & process issues.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
Within DePuy Synthes we are always looking for future leaders so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. This is an exciting time to join our expanding team, we are moving forward with new structure which will allow you the opportunity to shape the team and the way we work in the future.
We will support you to develop both technically and personally. You will also be rewarded by knowing you are helping patients across the world.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 24th June 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)