Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Program Management Leader
Shanghai, China; Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 1805657825W
- Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Project Manager, China Compound Team- Project Management Leader, which is located in Beijing China.
- Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
- Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. thrives on a diverse company culture, celebrates the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- The PML is a strategic partner to the China Compound Development Team Leader (CCTL). Collectively they work together to advance assets through development up to HA approval and launch. The PML primary duties include Strategic Planning; Operations Management and Leadership; Risk Management; Scenario Planning, Critical Path Analysis and Acceleration, Program Information/Communication Management; Program Timeline, Budget Planning and Resource and Cost Management, and KPI reporting.
- Working in partnership with the CCTL, the PML is expected to achieve the following results:
- Establish the CCT project strategy with concomitant goals and objectives in alignment with the established organizational objectives. Contribute to and coordinate compound team strategy updates over time; provide context and history to new team members/stakeholders. Guide the CCT to meet or exceed goals by providing global cross-functional operational leadership and management in a matrix organization. Manage the CCT in a manner that fosters and maintains high performance team culture. Utilize team development best practices and facilitate lessons learned to ensure optimal performance. Manage CCT/PMT information, documentation and team communications. At direction of CCTL, chair meetings and represent the CCT at interdepartmental meetings, governance meetings, co-development partnerships, and external meetings. Work with other program PMs to plan, execute, control, report and close-out all compound related work across all functions (e.g. integrated program budget, risk, timeline, resource, and stakeholder management). The PML is accountable for alignment between CCT, CDT, TA and portfolio plans such that forecasted benefits are achieved. Find opportunities for leveraging investments and creating value. Ensure program work is conducted in compliance with PMO processes and company polices.
- In co-development programs, manage and align on cross-company activities and objectives. Manage information, documentation, and team communications to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of the strategy and operational status throughout the Company. Employ the reporting processes and tools established by the PMO, the Therapeutic Area leadership, and portfolio management. Contribute to the success of the PMO in achieving its goals & objectives by ensuring program work is conducted in compliance with PMO processes and Company policies, participate in program management process & quality improvement initiatives, and other tasks assigned by the PMO leadership team. PML’s are guided in all matters by our J&J Credo values and Global Standards of Leadership.
- Bachelor degree in life sciences required. Master’s or Post graduate degree in life sciences highly preferred.
- Professional project management certification and/or diploma or MBA degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required with 5-7 years’ experience in project management, team leadership, and/or functional line management is preferred.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority is required.
- Successful experience managing or leading global and/or virtual teams is highly desirable, especially if done within a matrix organization.
- Record of successful governance body and/or stakeholder management highly preferred.
- Advanced SharePoint technical skill is desired.
- Up to 10% primarily domestic travel may be required.
- BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)