Johnson & Johnson Careers
Country Supply Chain Lead (m/f) Ethicon / CSS Germany
Requisition ID: 1805656379W
The Country Supply Chain Lead Ethicon/CSS Germany is a critical leadership position. You will be responsible for the development and execution of our local E2E SC Strategy. You will enhance the customer experience for the Ethicon and CSS business. You build & execute plans with all local and regional supply chain teams to turn our supply chain into a high-reaching advantage.
You will be owning the local S&OP process, driving the E2E SC integration and control the inventory execution. You operate in a matrix structure with a strong change program ongoing to bring our Supply Chain to a next level.
You will be the First Point of Contact for the local Commercial organization and be part of the Local Boards. You will be part of the DACH E2E Supply Chain leadership team, having the accountability for all Supply Chain matters in your territory. You report into the Director Medical Devices Supply Chain – DACH.
- Communicate with Franchise General Managers and their teams, and accountable for the in-market E2E Supply Chain performance
- Monitor and communicate Supply Chain performance goals (i.e. Perfect order, OTIF-D, recalls, inventory, etc.) and initiate corrective actions and improvement projects as required. Lead the monthly SC dashboards and provide updates to the local Boards about KPI’s, projects, financials, etc.
- Lead and facilitate the monthly local S&OP processes, ensuring that sales and marketing events & market intelligence are correctly gathered and passed on to the Regional planning teams to ensure on-time right product availability
- Align local NPI plans with the EMEA Franchise strategies. Lead and run the execution of these plans
- Drive & enhance the global service review meetings (STEM & PAC) for service risks and define mitigation actions to minimize impact to our end customers
- Oversee country SC Projects to drive business improvements aimed at strengthening our customer experience (e.g. OTIF-D improvements, optimizing inventory levels, systems & reporting improvements,)
- Integrate the voice of the customer into our supply chain and drive the supply chain side of the Customer collaboration initiatives
- Ensure solid partnerships and E2E collaboration with key partners: Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, External Operations, NPI, R&D, Quality, Customer Service & Logistics teams (CLS)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, IT or Operations). A Master’s degree or MBA is helpful
- A minimum of 8 years in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, and/or Marketing, thereof minimum 5 years in Demand, Inventory, Supply Planning required
- Sound understanding of E2E supply chain interactions and interdependency, with experience of planning system functionality and planning parameters
- Project management skills, with the ability to lead change and influence decision-making through multiple levels (middle to senior management) of the organization
- Consistent track record of challenging the “status-quo”, visualizing potential opportunities and implementing actions to build value
- Demonstrated results of working in a fast-paced, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Analytical, structured and solution oriented working approach
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills required
- High sense of urgency, adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Business fluency in German and English is a requirement. Other languages a plus
- People management experience with proven self-awareness, decisiveness and ability to build a positive work environment required
- Excellent collaborator, strong on partnering and effective communication skills
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Johnson&Johnson Med GmbH (7930)