Johnson & Johnson Careers
Distributor Development Manager, Western Visayas
Requisition ID: 1805656154W
The Distributor Development Manager is responsible for developing and executing business plans with distributors to consistently deliver (sell-in & sell-out) sales, distribution and financial targets with the assigned distributor and area. Plans are based on a thorough understanding of the trade and consistent with overall company directions. The DDM is also responsible for ensuring the execution of a viable territory coverage model, and planning, coordinating, and executing all territory-specific merchandising and promotional activities.
- Distributor Management. Maintains and nurtures strong, positive working relationships with distributors, their employees, key customers, and the general trade through daily distributor engagements and regular trade visits.
Conducts periodic business reviews and cycle meetings with distributors and key accounts to align cycle directions & priorities, and to ensure achievement of sales and distribution targets. Maintains adequate financial knowledge in order to analyze and evaluate operations, and recommend strategies and actions plans that ensure distributor profitability.
Develops and executes a daily sales management routine that promotes efficient distributor operations and processes.
- Business Analysis & Strategy Planning. Utilizes understanding of the selling process, territory coverage modeling, and financial statement/financial drivers to develop an annual area business plan and/or distributor business development plan which includes sales forecasts (sell-in/sell-out), a growth agenda, and go-to-market strategies. Regular business reviews and updates are conducted with the distributor to align on business directions and execution calendars.
- Territory & Business Development. Designs and implements programs that increase distributor efficiency and effectiveness, as well as long-term sustainability and profitability. Uses the Territory Coverage Model to optimize coverage of and distribution to the assigned area. Executes and monitors national Customer Marketing and local initiatives/directions (e.g. ISE's), area BP/DBDP, BPG, and SMAC efficiently and effectively (i.e. on time, within specifications, and within budget).
- Resource Management. Manages all resources allocated to the distributor. Spends (trade and consumer) promotions budgets and display allowances within agreed allocations, monitors and liquidates actual expenses to ensure compliance with distributor agreements and company policies. Evaluates spending and results vs. plan and determines key drivers of the outcome. Uses the Distributor Financial Statements to plan, monitor and evaluate use of TP/DA resources. When applicable, this information is used to create a financial LRSP for the distributor.
- Innovation. Spots opportunities for process improvement or business development and initiates projects to take advantage of them.
- Policy and Process Compliance. Ensures their own as well as their distributor’s compliance to all CD and overall company regulations, standards and guidelines.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Distributor Management
- Sales – Sell-in and Sell-out
- Accounts Receivables – DSO management, reconciliation of hanging balances
- Distributor Profitability
- Operational Indices (e.g. coverage, productivity)
- Brand & Business Development
- Distribution – Census, UBA, scorecard
- Range & Availability per channel
- Merchandising & Planograms
- In-Store Excellence (ISE)
- Execution of activations in the area per plan
- Evaluation of results in the area vs. plan
- Resource Management
- Business Development Fund (BDF)
- Trade Promotions (TP), Consumer Promotions (CP) & Display Allowance (DA) spending according to plan
- Return on Promotional Spend (ROPS)
- Business Analysis & Strategy Planning
- Business Plan/Distributor Business Development Plan
- Forecast accuracy
- Graduate of a college or university course in Business Management or any equivalent course.
- Professional Experience
- At least one year in field sales management, preferably with a fast-moving consumer goods company. For Sr. DDMs, at least three years experience with at least one year managing a distributor is ideal.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A quick learner and can achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Proficient communication skills: oral and written business correspondence, presentation planning and delivery
- Intermediate MS Office capabilities: Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint
- Intermediate driving skills and has a valid driver’s license
Johnson & Johnson (Philippines) Inc. (8385)