Johnson & Johnson Careers
Immu TA CCTL
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 1805655757W
- Leads the China Compound Team (CCT) to successfully develop the compound such that its value is maximized over its lifecycle while costs and time are minimized without sacrificing quality;
- Leads the development and maintenance of the compound development strategy in collaboration with the Project Manager (PM).
- Develops and actively contributes to Compound Strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise. Proactively identify issues and risks while leading contingency planning at early stages of development;
- Provide portfolio perspective for the CCT;
- Accountable for overall budget and project plan deliverables.
- Act as primary point of contact with CDT, CTASTe, TA/DAS leadership and Sr. Management for all project status information and budget updates. Leads the communication of strategy, issues, and plans with CDT, CTASTe, the governance committees, alliance partners, and other key stakeholders and obtain corresponding alignment/approval of CCT proposals.
- Builds team effectiveness and moral, and leads the CCT to develop and achieve its goals through the people/functions represented on the team in the spirit of J&J Credo values;
- Works with China R&D functional management to: secure the required resources for project success, assign functional leads within the CCT, align goals and objectives of CCT members with CCT goals and objectives, coach and guide CCT members, provide input for performance evaluation of CCT members.
- When necessary, negotiates with function heads to obtain functional deliverables, and is empowered to bring issues to governance committees to remove roadblocks;
- Challenges and holds accountable all functions on CCT to ensure that all issues and questions are addressed, and that line function input into strategy and plans meets the needs of the compound. Proactively escalates critical issues to senior management when appropriate;
- Leads decision-making by the CCT, including the potential of making final decision when full consensus cannot be reached (but not against a majority vote). Identifies potential issues and leads contingency planning and problem-solving by applying appropriate analytical tools and techniques;
A. Education: M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D; M.D. is preferred
B. Working Experiences:
• At least 5 years in drug development and 3 years in direct or matrixed people management position or cross-functional team management are required.
• Experience in a leadership role within a global multi-functional R&D matrix organization is desirable.
• A strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment is strongly preferred.
C. Professional Knowledge/Skills:
• Thorough knowledge of drug development process and familiarity with pharmaceutical portfolio risk management is required.
• Critical and objective interpretation of scientific and commercial information is critical.
• Must have a strong understanding of requirements for successful commercialization of a new product.
• Fluent in both Chinese and English
• Thoroughly understand and command Health Care Compliance
J&J (China) Investments Ltd A- Beijing Branch (7075)
Clinical Research MD