Johnson & Johnson Careers
【Vision Care】Sr Manager GSI, BEAUTY POD & RIG (EAST)
Requisition ID: 1805655064W
The Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Insights (GSI) Beauty pod, has responsibility for driving professional and consumer insights for the Beauty pod for the Eastern markets (with key emphasis on China, Korea & Japan).
In addition to their role as the GSI Lead for the Beauty pod, the Sr Manager GSI Beauty pod will also have project level responsibility for GSI across APAC & Japan for driving the Real-Time Insights Generator (RIG) (25% of their Goal& Objectives).
This position has straight line reporting structure into the PMO for Beauty pod, with functional dotted line reporting into the GSI Director Realtime Insights for APAC & Japan. He/she will interpret and integrate research data, draw conclusions/implications to translate into recommendations and ensure the insights are dispersed throughout the organization supporting the ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brands for the key Eastern markets (China, Korea & Japan).
The Sr. Manager will be embedded closely as a part of the Beauty pod to accelerate the size & scale of Acuvue’s Beauty business in the Eastern markets (APAC & Japan). In addition, he/she will serve as the voice of the customer when working with marketing teams to ensure an objective view of the needs of our professional customers and end patients is incorporated into project planning for the ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brands.
As a part of the Beauty Pod, the Sr Manager will work closely with the Director Real Time Protocols to ensure that all projects are designed optimally leveraging newer research tools/techniques that rely on social/digital/mobile platforms to drastically reduce testing times. The Sr Manager will be tapping into newer agile testing approaches relying on design thinking to enable faster turnaround times, keeping in pace with the speed of change in the market place.
This role is embedded into the Beauty pod structure to enable & accelerate business decision making by leveraging innovate & agile exploration & evaluation approaches across key Eastern markets.
The Sr Manager Beauty pod & RIG East will be responsible for working closely with the key Eastern markets – China. Korea & Japan to conceptualize & execute on the Discovery phase of communication development. This includes understanding the communication objectives, translating these into complex insights discovery briefs and then working closely with the identified vendor to run deep machine learning studies to deliver against the brief. Finally, the Sr Manager will also be responsible for conceptualizing & running cross functional Insights to Action session(s) with key business stakeholders to ensure that we translate the insights into tangible business actions to drive net wearers.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- Develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans for the Beauty pod to identify knowledge gaps and prioritize and address key business issues to develop Brand Strategy DEFINE® Brands across the Eastern Markets to guide strategic direction globally based on comprehensive understanding of the customer, consumer and market place dynamics.
- Proactively provide integrated analyses to internal stakeholders including the Global Brand Management team, Regional Marketing Organizations as well as work closely with the I&P team to develop Strategic Growth plans for DEFINE®.
- Translate key consumer insights into benefits to be pursued for new and existing ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brands. Be aware of market developments as they impact and apply to the future marketing plans for the ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brands. Execute all projects and activities flawlessly to drive success of the global ACUVUE® MOIST® & DEFINE® Brands.
- Work with the Director Realtime Protocols by deploying agile research methods tapping into AI/Machine Learning solutions from unstructured data streams across social/digital/mobile platforms. Rapidly iterate (test & learn) across new agile approaches to identify & develop new ways of conducting market research.
- Lead the Real-Time Insights Generator (RIG) across APAC & Japan markets, while working closely with GSI Director Realtime Insights protocols, for the China, Korea & Japan by conceptualizing & executing the Discovery phase of communication development. This includes clarifying communication objectives, translating to discovery briefs, working with identified vendor to run deep machine learning studies, and running cross functional Insights to Action session(s) with key business stakeholders to translate insights into tangible business actions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or related field; MBA or MS preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience in strategic insights, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field.
- Proven track record of working with an agile mindset in Insights generation - rapidly iterating (test & learn) new agile approaches to identify & develop new market research tools - faster, cheaper better.
- Demonstrated success in deploying AI/Machine learning approaches across unstructured datastreams from social/digital/mobile platforms to solve business challenges.
- Demonstrated record of applying creative problem solving approaches to drive business action from insights.
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams; sometimes requiring managing and leading without authority as needed (strong influencing skills.)
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required.
Demonstrated strong analytical skills and knowledge of commonly used marketing research techniques. Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint and basic knowledge of analytical tools.
Travel: 40% Domestic & International
Asia Pacific-China-Shanghai, Asia Pacific-Singapore, Asia Pacific-South Korea-Seoul
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)