Johnson & Johnson Careers
DIRECTOR, REALTIME INSIGHTS APAC/JP
Requisition ID: 1805655063W
The Director, Global Strategic Insights (GSI) Realtime Insights APAC & JAPAN has the responsibility to lead GSI for the APAC & Japan regions.
The Director will play a key leadership position across APAC & JAPAN regions as the GSI lead. He/she will proactively provide integrated insights and understanding of the market against a backdrop of deep knowledge of the overall business and JJVC’s portfolio. He/she will have strong relationships with the Regional VPs for APAC & JAPAN, as well as their management teams and will be expected to provide strategic inputs into the annual business planning processes.
He/she will have responsibility for determining and executing appropriate Global Strategic Insights activities in support of their go-to-market strategies. He/she will sit on the Global GSI Leadership Team – and provide regional inputs & support to all GBM as well as I&P initiatives across APAC & Japan regions, which includes identifying local vendors, developing local relationships as well as coordinating global projects for GBM & I&P teams. He/she will work closely with the GSI’s Design & Innovation team to shape foundational projects as well as to identify & experiment with innovative new real-time testing approaches across APAC & Japan.
He/she will be involved closely with the Global Tracking lead & HOB leads to help provide regional texture & perspective in interpreting the results from these studies after duely synthesizing/integrating across multiple disparate data sources to provide a holistic business perspective on the business.
The Director GSI – APAC & JAPAN, will directly supervise & mentor the GSI leads for APAC & Japan Regions (embedded in APAC & Japan respectively), while providing functional leadership to the GSI Lead for Beauty (embedded as a part of the Beauty pod). His/her team will be embedded within their respective regions/countries in a matrix structure working closely with the Regional management teams as well as Regional Marketing & Commercial Teams.
Using deep understanding of the market, this individual will combine their business acumen and expertise in research methodologies to proactively identify strategic issues and manage learning plan needs for the business. Making use of their deep understanding of the consumer, customer, category and market intelligence, he/she plays a key strategic role in driving business growth by anticipating emerging marketplace issues and identifying new consumer needs and business opportunities. He/she will need to ensure consumer foundational work is performed with a global mindset, while considering implications across individual markets. He/she will work closely with the APAC & Japan regional leadership teams to identify growth opportunities to meet business objectives & develop Strategic Business plans for the region.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making
- Guide strategic vision for the portfolio of JJVC products based on comprehensive understanding of the customer, consumer and marketplace dynamics across APAC & Japan Regions.
- Act as a strong internal consultant and thought leader in the areas of syndicated and VOC research with sound commercial recommendations to move the business forward. Proactively provide integrated analyses to internal stakeholders across custom and syndicated data sources to solve key business issues
- Lead all regional efforts to drive Insights into Action, by focusing on data synthesis and immersions including leading creative ideation sessions focused on addressing specific regional & local challenges/opportunities.
- Work closely with the GSI Director Realtime Insights - Design & Innovation on all foundational studies, and evaluating/executing innovative (agile) research designs to step change speed of decision making across APAC & Japan.
- Work as an internal business partner with APAC & Japan Marketing & Commercial teams to identify knowledge gaps & market research activities across th, APAC & Japan Regions. Collaborate closely with the Global Insights Design & Innovation teams to help them execute global GSI initiatives/priorities across APAC & Japan Regions.
- Maintain APAC & Japan Region GSI budgets, recording all financial investment in research and syndicated data for the beauty business; support both in the annual budgeting process.
- Directly supervise & provide functional leadership to the GSI Lead for Beauty pod, (embedded in Beauty pod), while directly supervising the Insights leads for APAC & Japan.
- Develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans to identify knowledge gaps and prioritize and address key business issues. Shape discussions of 3-5 year strategies based on comprehensive understanding of the customer, consumer and marketplace dynamics.
- Lead and contribute to the development of global standards across Brand Platforms and regions, as appropriate, to ensure consistent application of tools/methods, standards/processes, samples, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in strategic insights, global market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years Senior Manager/Director experience in Market Research and/or Innovation/new product development across different stages of development.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of supervising and developing teams consisting of high performing Insights Managers. Experience working with R&D teams is highly preferred.
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to influence cross-functional and management teams to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Strategic business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues.
- Strong track record of leadership in high performance consumer packaged goods or medical device environment
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)