Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineer in API Development
Requisition ID: 1805654944W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo.
Cilag AG in Schaffhausen belongs to the group of Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical companies operating under the “Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson” trademark and manufactures high quality pharmaceutical products, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and medical devices.
Today Cilag AG is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in Switzerland supplying all the major global markets. The Schaffhausen facility is a Johnson & Johnson strategic launch and growth site for parenteral products and we have an impressive pipeline of new and innovative products.
At our Schaffhausen site, ca. 1000 people work for the global organization developing and manufacturing innovative treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide.
The department of API Small Molecule Development endeavors to develop chemical processes for drug candidates at all stages of development, including second-generation processes and improvement of existing commercial processes. Due to the recent growth of our development pipeline, we are expanding our in house development group and are currently hiring for a Scientist with experience in Process R&D position, located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland with the opportunity to travel (approx. 5%) mostly within Europe.
Chemical Process Engineer in the Process R&D Department
Scientist in Chemical Process you will be part of an international team whose
aim is the development of robust chemical processes for therapeutic agents from
pre-clinical development to filing and post-approval support. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- The candidate will be working in process research and development towards in-depth understood and optimized processes to ensure high quality product is manufactured in the API facilities. This includes late stage development, scale-up from lab to plant, New Product Introduction, and Tech Transfer.
- You will play a key role in evaluating scalability of lab processes and participate actively in design-for-manufacturability assessments.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team designing chemical processs together with Process R&D, Analytical , Process Safety , and Pilot Plant functions).
- You will report progress to the management and to our customers.
- You will design and execute experimental programs of work for yourself and others to meet project objectives.
- Opportunities for personal development (e.g. in leadership in a technical function/people leader position)
This position offers the possibility to develop either as project leader or into a managerial type role (e. g. people leader).
- You hold a Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline with experience in chemical process development or manufacturing
- Knowledge of chemical unit operations such as crystallization, solid-liquid separation, drying, distillation, milling, scale-down, and reaction engineering (kinetics, mixing, heat transfer)
- Familiar with PAT tools, simulation and modeling software (e.g Dynochem/MixIT)
- Several years of experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry would be of benefit.
- Keen to work in the laboratory utilizing our state-of-the-art chemical platform.
- Analyze, discuss and assess the results of the experiments and report them in formal documentation
- Interest in recent developments of chemical technologies
- Proficient in German, fluent in English (written and spoken)
We are offering you a multifaceted opportunity in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms and career opportunities as well as a good infrastructure.
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
Cilag AG (8562)