Johnson & Johnson Careers
Early Product HEMAR Lead
Requisition ID: 1805654942W
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson (J&J). Please visit http://www.janssen.co.uk/ for more information.
Leads the market access strategy for pipeline medicines by ensuring the relevance of clinical development and the context of market access in the UK; and developing launch scenarios for each product/indication and ensure alignment with the UK business
Ensures timely delivery of robust, credible health economic evidence that will inform the market access strategy for the pipeline medicines.
Plays a leadership role in shaping company market access strategies through engagement with other senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic oversight and methodological support and advice for health economic plans for pipeline products.
- Review and approve proposals to generate HE data prior to PRP review.
- Provide advice on wider HTA issues likely to impact the company’s business and determine their likely impact for launch of pipeline medicines
- Engage with key clinicians, academics and payers to validate the HE methodologies
Market Access & HTA Strategies for pipeline medicines
- Analyse the context of the market access in the UK, political and public health environment in the therapeutic areas concerned
- Analyse the clinical environment for each pipeline medicine and anticipate its possible change over time, in collaboration with MAF
- Depending on the clinical development plan and the therapeutic area, determine the evaluation hypotheses by UK HTAs, possible price scenarios and positioning in the treatment pathway.
- Represent the perspective of NICE and the UK business on the RACE committee and attend all NICE Scientific Advice meetings for products in development
- Challenge the value proposition for early medicines proposed by Global and shape the value messages most relevant for the UK
- Support the development of business strategies including forecasting and profitability analyses through the analysis of commercial environment
- Support the financial modelling of launch scenarios for pipeline products
- Support market research strategy for pipeline products to be conducted in the UK in conjunction with the Business Intelligence (BI) team
- Align market access strategy with the business strategy for pipeline medicines through proactive engagement with CVT-L
- Evaluates the need for resources, organisation and skills needed at UK level to optimise the launch of pipeline products
- Lead discussions with the Specialised Commissioning Strategy Group (SCSG) on the strategy for pipeline products (proposes agenda items, provide advice and possible solutions, implement approved strategy)
- Engage with and build relationships with national payers & HTA officials to support the shaping of pipeline medicine’s market access strategy
- Shape the external stakeholder plans for pipeline products
- Identify potential external partnership needed to support the launch of pipeline products and manage relevant agreement and projects
- Actively contribute to the development of national-level HTA policy through active engagement with NICE and other key stakeholders via ABPI working groups, where appropriate
- Maintains and shapes the relationships with colleagues in EMEA, Global, Canada and Australia to ensure that synergies in market access strategy can be leveraged and best practice shared.
- Provide advice on wider health economic issues likely to impact the company’s business
- Contribute to the construction of EMEA data generation plans related to IEGP for pipeline products both at strategic and tactical levels and implement projects at local level
- Participate in the EMEA / Global Market Study Plan for pipeline products
- Support the development of EMEA strategic plans and launch plans for pipeline products ensuring alignment of UK plans with EMEA/Global plans
- Support the organisation of scientific ad-boards in conjunction with Medical & EMEA/Global
- Lead project management of external agencies in developing health economic models, tools and publications to support the business needs.
- Project manage delivery of own work streams ensuring high quality projects are delivered on time and budget
- Review literature; refer to websites; subscribe to email alerts; attend conferences, courses and discuss developments with colleagues, to keep up to date on the latest NHS, health economic methodologies and HTA/market access policies.
- Keep abreast of changes in the health system and understand implications for our current and future products.
- Ensure a programme of training is provided to meet both the individual and needs of their line reports.
- Lead the development and provision of targeted health economic raining programmes for internal and external customers.
- Adhere to team processes, ensuring that all work is conducted in accordance with appropriate local, EMEA and global SOPs.
- Establish and maintain team processes to ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with appropriate local, EMEA and global SOPs.
- Answer requests from health care professionals, payers; horizon scanning bodies, members of the public and internal customers concerning market access, health economic and real world data associated with pipeline products in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistency of UK market access plans and alignment to the overall business strategy and planning
- Support HEMAR Director with resource planning for pipeline products through timely engagement with business units during company business planning processes.
- Responsible for appropriate budget management
A post graduate qualification in health economics and/or real world evidence or equivalent experience of working in these fields
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Health Economics Mkt