Johnson & Johnson Careers
Value Stream Leader (Made to Order)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805654924W
Value Steam Leader
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, we are looking to recruit a Value Steam Leader to join the team.
The Operations function of DePuy Synthes offers exciting career opportunities for high calibre professionals. We provide value by delivering bespoke orthopaedic solutions for our patients, surgeons and commercial partners. At DePuy Synthes, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Value Stream Leader (Make to Order MTO). This role is ideal for someone who wants to provide innovative operational and engineering leadership for the development of patient specific medical devices, 3D technology and prototypes. You will manage and deliver low volume and high complexity solutions to our business and customers.
What you’re great at:
As a Value Stream Leader, you will have the ability to think creatively, driving forward the next generation of concepts together with providing “custom made devices” and “make to order” capabilities for our customers.
You will have exceptional operations and engineering leadership experience to enable you to drive the day to day tactical management and performance of the team. You will approach every task with a continuous improvement mindset and be the catalyst for improvement in the performance of the production lines and drive operational excellence in your area of made to order.
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As a Value Stream Leader, your typical day may include:
• Provide technical leadership to the direct manufacturing and engineering teams delivering made to order Customs and Continuing Care products
• Ensure work areas sustained in a safe and compliant standard, taking a lead role in risk management and reduction programmes (Do It Right), safety ownership and emergency procedures
• Ensure all aspects of the quality system are met with respect to the manufacture and supply of patient specific medical device products, maintaining compliance, training and certification of technicians and engineers as needed to develop and produce products
• Manage production to ensure products are manufactured, packaged and shipped to the correct specification and to the agreed case delivery date
• Maintain dialogue with planning, purchasing & commercial teams regarding problems relating to delivery of materials and WIP from sub-contract vendors
• Lead improvement initiatives, taking a lead in delivering elements of Do It Right, 5s, Lean and Process Excellence to provide a value based return
• Challenge your team to deliver strategic improvements that provide a reduction in cost, lead times, material usage, or improve process quality standards
• Input into the preparation of business plans, capital projects, resource planning and routine budget control
• Leadership of staff to include mentoring, coaching and talent development
• Take a lead role in the delivery and maintenance of a training for industry programme (TWI).
You will be degree qualified in an engineering or scientific discipline teamed with leadership experience in a high performing production environment. It would be great if you came from an orthopaedic or medical device background, but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
• Unparalleled customer focus - going above and beyond to deliver the best service for our patients
• Entrepreneurial acumen to shape the future expansion of the MTO value stream
• Proven technical experience that promotes a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills - prepared to champion the benefits of our patient specific services
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, ability to build relationships across the business
It goes without saying that you will be Passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can-do attitude which will mean you are motivated towards achieving goals and have a pro-active approach to continuous improvement. You will lead by example and quickly comprehend complex product & process issues.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
Within DePuy Synthes we are always looking for future leaders so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. This is an exciting time to join our expanding team, we are moving forward with new structure which will allow you the opportunity to shape the team and the way we work in the future.
We will support you to develop both technically and personally. You will also be rewarded by knowing you are helping patients across the world.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 27th November 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)