Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805654546W
Position Title: Calibration Technician
Report to: Calibration Engineer
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 800 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Schedules and implements instrument calibration. Determines instrument requirements, develops and maintains calibration procedures and ensures that appropriate calibration standards and supplies are maintained.
· Schedules and performs instrument calibration. Reports events of non-adherence per calibration procedures, and calibration standards.
· Maintain database of all calibrated instruments on site.
· Determines instrument requirements, develops and maintains calibration procedures and ensures that appropriate calibration standards and supplies are maintained.
· Develops and maintains accurate database, documentation and history files on all calibrated instruments.
· Trains and certifies Technicians in installation and calibration of equipment.
· Supports 7 day, 24 hour manufacturing operations.
· Supports Internal and external audits carried out in area.
· Maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the group
· Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, Cal NCR’s, CAPA’s, CAIAs etc) on calibration system.
· Actively participate in cross-functional teams to provide instrument calibration support on New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects.
· All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
Education & Experience
· Minimum Certificate in relevant electro-mechanical/instrument/science qualification or comparable industry experience
· 1 to 2 years relevant work experience
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Flexible work ethic
· Attention to detail
· Third level Diploma in Instrumentation
· 4-5 Years’ experience in working with some/all of the following technologies:
· -Pneumatic Systems
· -Machine Automation
· -Equipment Set up
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)