Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Automation Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805653557W
Position Title: Staff Automation Engineer
Report to: Engineering Manager
Location: Vision Care Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 800 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Develop, test and install control system software changes with supporting documentation for validated manufacturing systems. Provide support to operations for automation related issues on the production lines. Lead Automation project teams throughout the Life Cycle of projects.
Main areas of responsibility:
· Responsible for development, installation and support of PLC controlled automation software projects within a highly automated validated manufacturing plant using the following equipment:PLCs (Siemens APT and S7, Pilz PSS WIN-PRO, Allen Bradley RSLogix5000, Mitsubishi GX IEC Developer, SCADA (Wonderware 9.5 and ArchestrA), Robots (Mitsubishi Melfa Eng) and Vision Systems (Cognex, Neurocheck Perceptics).
· Provide innovation ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems
· Participates on and lead project teams, and provide technical support.
· Provide technical support to Operations where necessary for complex problems.
· Responsibly for the project management of control systems and software based projects.
· Actively adopt and promote a strong cultural Credo based code of conduct prominent at Johnson & Johnson. Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, CR’s, etc).
· Ensure that all activity is carried out in accordance with both internal and external Health and Safety and Environmental standards for both new and existing installations.
· Works with manager / team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
· Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives
· Lead by owning project plans and schedules to ensure deliverables on time and within budget.
· Identify and manage internal and external resources to support assigned projects.
· Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
· Provide technical expertise as a subject matter expert.
· Provide technical consultation and leadership to multidisciplinary teams.
· Provide training and mentoring to less experienced staff.
· Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
Education and Experience Required for Role
· Third level degree qualification in Software, Automation, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
· Demonstrate solid understanding of Automation Control Systems
· Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Strong communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Technical Project Lead on Automation Projects
· 6 years experience
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)