Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805653530W
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Europe is a leading supplier of Fast Moving Consumer / OTC Goods. Our products are produced and distributed in all major EMEA countries and exported overseas.
The EMEA Strategic Sourcing team sources Raw Materials, Packaging Materials and Externally Manufactured finished goods for the J&J Group of Consumer Companies which are aligned with the demand from the GFO’s and the Global Supply Chain.
We do this by building and implementing sourcing strategies that develop a world class network of best value suppliers meeting J&J Business needs of supply quality and reliability, responsiveness, cost competitiveness and access to technology innovation that fuels superior growth.
The position of Sourcing Manager / Strategic Business Intelligence Manager is combining the responsibility of managing a distinct category / supplier portfolio as well providing BI Strategies, Analytics and tools to the entire EMEA Sourcing Team. In this role, you will be responsible for one or more commodity / technology areas, with a total average spend of approx. $50MM The complexity of a Strategic Sourcing Manager portfolio is a product of the number of materials (up to several hundred), the concerned technologies, the number of supplier relationships to manage the number of SKUs (up to several thousand) and the number of Brands/Franchises supported . In parallel you will be focusing on BI technologies, providing Analytics & Insights to the full team, drive the deployment of our Data Lake platform and enable better E2E decision making for all Sourcing Managers.
This is only possible through having great knowledge of suppliers, their industries, products/ services and being an excellent collaborator with Business Value Chains (Plant Materials Management and Planning, Manufacturing, New Product Introduction) R&D, Franchise Management, Quality, Technical Assurance, Legal, Regulatory teams and ad hoc project teams. Business Intelligence, the supporting tools and processes are an essential part of the distinct Sourcing Manager role but also build the backbone for Sourcing Excellence of our teams and hence must equally be focused on.
A Strategic Sourcing Manager / Strategic BI Manager will be expected to have comprehensive understanding and knowledge of both J&J external and internal environments, namely:
- Supplier strategies, operations, processes, economic viability and any associated risks
- Technical attributes of materials /services
- Cost structure of materials/services
- Supplier sustainability and innovation capabilities
- J&J Franchise Business Strategy
- J&J R&D Pipeline initiatives
- J&J Quality and Technical Assurance Requirements
- Our end-to-end Strategic Sourcing processes and supporting tools
- J&J IT infrastructure and advanced BI technologies internally and externally
- Source Finance processes and Source performance measurements
- Internal Data Requirements & Data ownership
In addition to this Core Sourcing knowledge the Manager will also be expected to demonstrate key skills of:
- Understanding the complete value chain from Origin / base feedstock (Oil / Mineral / Agricultural / Synthetic) to consumer and the position of the category within this value chain
- Strategy Development through effective Business Needs Understanding, Economic, Financial, Industry, Competitor and Supplier Analysis
- Development and implementation of processes to optimize sourcing activities
- Strategy Implementation through the effective execution of Competitive Bidding events, Strategic Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Leveraging and Legal Contracting
- Deliver incremental value for the EMEA Source organization by deploying advanced Business Intelligence, anticipating future spend / price developments and take / recommend appropriate mitigating measures
- Use Enterprise Data Lake and other BI tools to track progress on projects and financials, connecting cross functionally
- Managing Stakeholders in the business, cross-functions and (where appropriate) external.
Further Value can be generated by a Strategic Sourcing / BI Manager through impacting the End 2 End Value Chains in which we operate, namely:
- Waste Elimination through Process Excellence - Integrates Six Sigma, Lean, or Design Excellence tools into daily activities
- Eliminate Value leakage within our Source processes through pro-actively identifying gaps and unplanned variances
- Impact on New Product Development – having influence at the design stage of a New Product to ensure up-stream risks (costs, capacity, responsiveness, reliability) are fully identified and managed upfront
- Drive, enable or influence inclusive end-to-end make versus buy analysis & decisions arising as outcomes of sourcing strategies or specific project objectives; to optimize network supply of upstream materials (raw materials / packaging) and / or finished product sourcing; to the best possible outcome for the EMEA Consumer business; Key skills acquired through training or on-the-job experience include sourcing strategies, stakeholder management, financial / cost accounting skills, Total cost of ownership understanding / application, risk management, advanced excel, and presentation skills
- Uncover incremental value generation opportunities by closely connecting Source BI information to the E2E supply chain and be able to support better E2E decision making
- (When/where assigned) – lead or contribute to operational due diligence programs driving licensing & acquisitions or asset / product divestitures; Operations Due Diligence training will be delivered as planned at least once annually in the region.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an international and cross-functional environment is required
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing and/or Purchasing is required
- Experience working in the area of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) and/or OTC is very desirable
- Self starter with high integrity and ethical behavior
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Analytical Decision Making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and customer / supply base
- Curiosity for advanced BI technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Blockchain etc.)
- Cultural sensitivity – previous exposure to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of general manufacturing principles and practices
- Knowledge of new product commercialization processes
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (cGMP, GMP’s, DEA, etc)
- Fluent in English, writing, reading, speaking and listening
- Personal computer proficiency
Cilag GmbH International (8525)