Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1805653478W
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices & Diagnostics, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Position Title: Business Manager
Role Type: People Manager
Pay Grade: 30
Department Name / Franchise: Ethicon
Position Location: Mumbai
1. Business Financial Results
- Sell franchise products within a territory
- Understand customers’ needs and market potential, and set direction, strategies and plans to expand market and realize market potential
- Lead senior level negotiations optimizing contractual opportunities which cement long-term supply arrangements
- Analyze sales reports to proactively identify opportunities and at risk, re-prioritize resources to maximize sales opportunities
- Establish a monitoring system to ensure compliance with the sales plan on volume, price and value objectives for products
- Identify and direct action on tender opportunities through liaison and cooperation with appropriate departments
2. Territory Management
- In-depth understanding of current and future customers’ needs and translate them into sales opportunities
- Direct the expansion of new accounts and account conversion
- Work in the field with each supervisor to achieve effective coverage of key accounts; maintain high level of customer rapport and reinforce company's commitment to superior customer services
- Analyze competitive market environment base on thorough knowledge of competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weakness, as well as thorough knowledge of customer's support and preferences for competitive products and services
- Base on customers short and long term needs, competitive threats/environment, and current and future market trends, conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Based on results of SWOT analysis, set direction, strategies and plans for the territory/region/key accounts, to achieve dept/functional goals; communicate plans and ensure they are understood by the team and related sales/marketing groups
- Develop a sales plan for each supervisor from the marketing plan; set realistic attainable sales objectives by account and product groups, and by monthly/quarterly/annual targets
- "Coach supervisor/individual contributor in the development of :
- an effective and efficient territory account coverage plan and customer call plans
- the development/implementation of key account strategies and plans for growth"
- Conduct regular account team reviews as a basis for challenging and improving both short and long term strategies and action plans
- Has expert knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others and to improve current selling process
- Sell in-surgery to keep up-to-date on our customer needs and market trends
- In-depth understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities and needs, relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan.
3. Customer Satisfaction
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Research and identify key customer's critical success factors as a basis for identifying innovative sales and service opportunities which will deliver improved customer business performance and healthcare outcomes
- Direct the development/implementation of strategies and plans to increase customer satisfaction, confidence and loyalty
- Design innovative customer support services/tender arrangements including E-initiatives and optimal use of company value-added services
- Set up appropriate systems, e.g., regular meetings with customers to obtain their feedback and monitor customer perceptions, and use feedback to improve performance
- Ensure compliance with the "Customer Complaints Procedure"; customer issues/ complaints are attended to promptly and professionally to customer's satisfaction
- Ensure appropriate problem solving strategies are used by sales team when dealing with product or service difficulties
4. Internal Business Processes
- Manage internal relationships and processes enabling flexibility and responsiveness in drawing on internal specialists, accessing information and support as needed
- Optimize sales results through close alignment and cooperation with Franchise Marketing groups
- Use internal resources and own working knowledge of supply chain processes and principles of Health Economics as a basis for identifying opportunities for service innovation
- Provide relevant information to marketing and other support departments, to contribute to effective internal business processes, and to support effective decision making and actions across the organization
- Work with/involve appropriate functions when developing sales incentives programs
- "Prepare and submit territory budget, including selling & marketing expenses
- Seek prior approval for budget variations"
- Establish territory expense and revenue budgets for supervisors and monitor to ensure compliance
- Judiciously manage operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Manage appropriate utilization of resources and equipment
- Plan sample and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget and guidelines, including meeting regulatory requirements
- Monitor customer credit worthiness to achieve accounts receivable objectives; ensure accounts receivables are monitored and managed to achieve objectives
- Monitor inventory level to meet inventory level objectives; ensure inventory levels are adequate in major product categories in accordance with inventory objectives
- Develop/implement distribution network for assigned territory
- Ensure distributor health is as per agreed guidelines
5. People Management
- Ensure team consists of an appropriate mix of skills and abilities to optimize team performance
- Ensure an appropriate succession plan is in place; ensure we have adequate supply of talent to both the sales and marketing organization
- Develop strong teamwork, and cooperation in the team and with other functions through effective leadership
- Develop employees to build confidence and empowerment in dealing with customers issues; establish clearly defined boundaries for resolving issues
- Investigate and resolve issues which contribute to employee turnover
- Use effective interviewing and hiring skills (eg. Targeted Selection) to ensure high caliber recruitment
- Ensure compliance with performance management process for both self and team; conduct semi-annual performance evaluation of all supervisors; identify areas for improvement based on clearly identified needs of each supervisor
- Introduce individual development plans for each team member both as an outcome from performance reviews and for new employees
- Develop and implement training and development plans to address areas needing improvement
- Conduct monthly training /field coaching to supplement standard classroom training
- CREDO- conduct feedback and identify issues and action plans, and ensure completion of agreed upon plans
- Conduct monthly meetings with sales team to disseminate, clarify, and explain company information and review business status.
7. Corporate Ethics
- procedures on health and safety"
· Graduates, Preferred MBA’s from reputed institutions.
· A minimum of 8 + years of sales experience from healthcare industry.
· Should have done at least 2 years in a people manager role in Sales and marketing in the past
· Candidates with B2B / B2C medical devices sales experience preferred.
· preferably managed nursing home segment business and 3rd party payroll teams.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)