Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software testing engineer - robotic-assisted surgery M/F
Requisition ID: 1805652118W
Orthotaxy, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Test Engineer, Robotic-assisted Surgery to be located in Grenoble, France.
Orthotaxy has just joined the companies of Johnson & Johnson. It is focused on the total and partial knee replacement, but the plan is to broaden its application for a range of orthopaedic surgery procedures. Orthotaxy will offer the next-generation robotic-assisted orthopaedic surgery solution.
The Software Test Engineer will report to the Software Team Leader. In a small team of engineers, the Software Test Engineer will ensure the conformity of the products to the user needs translated into specifications. He/she will document test plans, develop unit tests as well as test cases for software validation and verification.
In addition, the Software Test Engineer, Robotic-Assisted Surgery will:
- Write documentation in English
- Collaborate with software development team members to define the user needs and specifications
- Define the strategy of the tests according to the global environment
- Develop his/her own tests: create data, setup test procedures, execute the test programs and record the results (reports, etc.)
- He/she will guarantee compliance with the company’s rules and procedures
- Suggest and implement solutions for improving test activities efficiency
- Collaborate with various cross-functional team members (electrical, mechanical, research, regulatory, quality, marketing, clinical, manufacturing, etc.) from initial product concept thru final product launch.
- Test and troubleshoot software and provide solutions or investigate alternative design options
- Realize technology watches to help the team to keep moving forward
- Demonstrate superb oral and written communication skills, collaborating as part of a team, working seamlessly with team members across various global locations.
- Work with technical leadership within traditional systems engineering functions by providing active technical engagement within requirements, capture, decomposition, trace management, verification, validation, risk management, issue tracking and others.
- The candidate must have demonstrated collaboration and communication skills in both team and management review environments. He/she must be able to effectively navigate in a new organization under construction to deliver tangible results, communicate needs and issues to drive patient-focused solutions. To ensure timely execution of project objectives, the candidate must have strong problem-solving skills and initiative and the ability to provide efficient escalation of issues to the appropriate accountable party.
- The candidate must have demonstrated successful experience in a multi-cultural global environment. The candidate must have strong data analysis skills and capability to provide clear presentation of data.
- Graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or other Engineering discipline.
- First experience in software application testing or development in C++
- Knowledgeable in geometry, 3D Visualization, optimization, multi-threading, user interface
- Knowledge of Qt and/or OpenGL
- Experience in software for complex hardware systems
- Familiar with development in a regulated industry (medical, aerospace, or train)
- Experience in software architecture (UML, etc)
- OS configuration, Windows API
Synthes GmbH (7111)