Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Project Management Organization
Requisition ID: 1805651620W
The Director, Project Management Organization (PMO), provides overall end-to-end leadership, line management and direction to a team of experts in the domains of PMO Strategy & Portfolio Management/Analytics, Capacity Management, TA-level Program Management; Compound Project Planning & Management. The position partners with R&D functions to drive China R&D portfolio (within & cross-TA) prioritization & delivery with optimal development path & timelines, cost & resource management & optimization and risk management & mitigation.
· Provides leadership, line management and direction to PMLs supporting discovery & development: proactive end-to-end time, scope, resource and management reporting for CCTs and functional teams; identify and manage project risk by removing failure modes and mitigating obstacles; document and communicate decisions to all stakeholders
· Partners with R&D functions to optimize China R&D portfolio, ensure China R&D functions are successful by providing:
o links between project & portfolio priorities and resource capacity
o functional team planning and facilitation of resource capacity management
o functional decision support at multiple levels
· Provides consolidated program management support China R&D and MAF leadership teams, global PMO, CCTLs, CDTLs, and other key stakeholders through governance committees and other key reviews. Contributes to, and participates in senior management (TA SLT, etc.) reviews of projects and portfolio. Ensure China R&D governance is successful by providing:
o relevant and reliable analyses & interpretive insights and recommendations
o timely & high quality R&D decision support to diverse stakeholder groups
· Ensures accuracy and consistency of data across reports/systems/databases.
· Partner with R&D functions, finance and global PMO and other key global functions to conduct business planning
· Ensures that principles are applied when aligning cross-TA and with functions.
Works with other R&D departments to establish processes and procedures that facilitate activity, resource and cost planning across the R&D project portfolio.
Education:B.S or more advanced degree
· Minimum of 15 years of experience with significant experience (at least 7 years) working within a project management or portfolio management organization within a global pharmaceutical R&D organization, in particular, with prior experience in:
o Management of a large global program in a PML role and/or several concurrent smaller China programs in a program management leader role or a compound team leader role (with increasing levels of complexity and functional/external interactions.
· Expert knowledge of the drug development process, from discovery to post approval life cyle managment
· Expert knowledge of project management and portfolio management.
· Expertise in specific TA-related science and/or drug development.
· People management/leadership experience, both direct line as well as matrix management .
J&J (China) Investments Ltd A- Beijing Branch (7075)