Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Project Equipment Engineer
Inverness, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805651252W
Project Equipment Engineer (Packaging), Staff Level
Inverness, United Kingdom
LifeScan is a Johnson & Johnson company. LifeScan Scotland was created in 2001 when Johnson & Johnson acquired the UK assets of Inverness Medical Ltd, a medical device company established in Inverness in 1995 to design and manufacture glucose test strips, and design electronic meters for the global diabetes market.
With a focus on future development, LifeScan is committed to “creating a world without limits for people with diabetes.” Around 1,000 people are employed at the Inverness site, which is regarded as Johnson & Johnson’s centre of excellence for diabetes and self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG).
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to focus on packaging projects. It's a staff level role which is a key leadership position here in J&J. It’s exciting times here at LifeScan so this is a great opportunity to join our amazing Engineering Team and shape the future way of working.
What you’re great at:
You will be an experience Project Leader who is great at leading and managing Packaging equipment projects from ideation to implementation including validation. Ideally you will have experience of a regulated environment but we want packaging experts to bring with them best practise and new innovative solutions so we will compromise on this for the right talent. Your strength will lie with translating the vision in to a strategy for you to plan and deliver the project.
You will work in partnership to ensure flawless delivery and sharing of knowledge.
As a Staff Project Engineer your typical day may include:
• Meeting with the production and quality management teams to collaborate on new equipment or existing equipment upgrade specifications.
• Arranging visits to equipment vendor sites to assess their technical capabilities.
• Working with your finance colleagues to prepare the business justification for your new project capital funding submission.
• Meeting with your project team to assess progress on existing project delivery schedules.
• Collaborating with quality SMEs on new project validation documentation technical content.
What you’ll own and how you’ll grow:
This position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. We will support your personal development through courses, qualifications and on the job training.
This role is a very broad and will keep you motivated by offering you a varied experience that you can build on every day. Initially you will start with a packaging focus but if you have a desire to expand your knowledge then we have a team of experts in which you can learn from.
If you are ready for your career to excel to the next level then this is one in a life time chance to join the world’s leading health care provider.
You will be degree qualified with a thorough knowledge of high volume regulated manufacturing. You will have demonstrated experience of leading complex projects within high volume packaging environments. You will always operate with an aim of attaining the highest levels of productivity and lowest running costs.
• Excellent Knowledge in packaging and packing technologies including carton filling, insert feeding, Bundling, shipper cases consolidation film overwrapping and palletizing.
• Ability to build strong connections with key industry vendors such as Pester, Marchesini, IMA etc
• Expert application of Project Management tools with Experience managing complex projects Recognized PM Certification: PMI, IPMA, PRINCE2 or other
• Evidence of achievement in delivery of a portfolio of high value CAPEX projects
• Experience of structured problem solving using LEAN, Six Sigma or manufacturing excellence methodologies
• Experience of developing project strategies to meeting future business plans and demands
• Professionally registered, ideally Chartered or working towards it within UK Engineering Institutions such as IMechE or IET
It goes without saying that we are looking for you to have drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitment together with Excellent people management and leadership skills. It would also be a distinct advantage if you had a technical understanding of packing data automation with experience and knowledge of Systech Vision Systems (Sentri and Advisor).
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
Closing Date: 3rd June 2018
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Lifescan Scotland Limited (form. Inverness Medical (7691)