Johnson & Johnson Careers
Market Access & External Affairs Director
Requisition ID: 1805651066W
is part of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals helping patients all over the world. The core areas of competence include hematology, oncology, immunology, CNS, PAH and virology. With the development of new products and innovative processes, the company has made significant contributions to the advancement of therapy for many illnesses. The World Health Organization included five drugs in its list of the most important medications.
The Market Access and External Affairs Director in Switzerland will be leading the function that is accountable for delivering and sustaining optimal, timely market access and pricing for Janssen’s portfolio of products and for representing Janssen to the external environment (e.g trade associations, authorities and key stakeholders) and contribute to the growth, positive image and reputation of Janssen as well as to a sustainable and innovation friendly health care environment.
- Develop Pricing & Reimbursement strategies for all Janssen products (including those already listed) in alignment with regional/global strategies and local business and product/TA strategies.
- Develop robust and credible value arguments for our products.
- Monitoring of pricing trends and initiatives in the market place to ensure Janssen products are optimally positioned.
- Develop Pricing & Reimbursement applications to the BAG.
- Negotiate with BAG on reimbursement and related issues.
- Together with the Trade Association, develop industry advocates to support and increase access to innovation and prevent further deterioration of the environment.
- Develop and support projects for new reimbursement and pricing models.
- Represent the country in discussions with regional and Global Pricing and Access Committees if required.
- Develop, together with his/her business partners, robust and credible value arguments for our products helping to best position Janssen products and Janssen image with external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain regular contacts to key decision makers in Health Care.
- Work closely with the Managing Director in: 1) representing Janssen in key industry associations and other interest groups, 2) developing a strong network to position Janssen as a respected partner of choice; 3) networking with the relevant decision makers in the P&R process as well as those involved in broader health policy to further improve the business environment.
- Work closely with key industry associations to develop and implement strategies to protect and improve the health care environment in a broad perspective.
- Drive an external communication plan together with Janssen communications head.
Member of the Janssen Alpine Board, member of any External Affairs/Market Access EMEA or Mid-Sized-Markets team (when required), SoX signing role, registered signature w. the chamber of commerce.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry gained in pharma business and market access, pricing and external affairs roles.
- Results oriented and demostrated strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinking & leadership by influence.
- Execution—drive action and delegate to achieve results through others.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- In depth knowledge of the Swiss Health Care system.
- Good knowledge of the legal framework of the Swiss healthcare system.
- Knowledge of the relevant stakeholders and their political agenda.
- Ability to build valuable relationships based on trust.
- Able to handle and navigate diversity of opinion and get to win-win scenarios.
- Has a broad network with the relevant stakeholders (trade association, health insurers, HCP-organisations ect.).
- Able to play an influence role in industry associations.
- Able to credibly represent and defend company, industry and business needs.
- Ability to act and be sucessful in a challenging environment.
- Proven track record in building and leading a motivated and professional team.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate future trends and changes and act accordingly
- Abillity and willingness to work in cross functional teams. Actively participate in regional/global teams when required. Able to work in a matrix organization. Team player
- Communicate fluently in (Swiss) German & English (written and spoken). Fluency in french is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Science, Economics or Business; MBA as a plus.
Janssen-Cilag Switzerland (7325)
Health Economics Mkt