Johnson & Johnson Careers
field service engineer
Requisition ID: 1805650664W
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
Installs new or modified equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine scope of problem.
Provides on-site technical solutions for customers by analyzing, reviewing and inspecting findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement or other corrective action.
Performs necessary upgrades generated via released technical service bulletins.
Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, technical support, customer service and other personnel to expedite repairs.
Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
Provides feedback on technical and clinical observations for the purpose of assisting product improvement initiatives
Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
Manages preventative maintenance and installation schedule while not interfering with response time to down customers.
Returns failed field components.
Updates sales and Field Operations Manager daily on customer issues in their region.
Submits timely & accurate Field Service Report information.
Sells annual service maintenance contracts to out-of-warranty customers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent along with 1-3 years experience in field service or combination of education and experience. Emphasis in electronics engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical equipment to the component level.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Internet software, Inventory software, and word processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- 1 to 3 years service experience in healthcare equipments.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide well organized feedback in the form of root cause analysis reporting.
- Professional appearance and the ability to engage in ophthalmic dialogue
- Extensive travel required
- May require to work after office hours and weekends.
AMO (Shanghai) Medical Devices Trading Co., Ltd. (7076)