Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Director, J&J Vision Surgical, APJ
Requisition ID: 1805649607W
Directs the operational function of medical affairs in region to achieve organizational objectives. Provides medical/clinical voice for region via KOL engagement and drives LCM and data dissemination strategies including publications, independent educational events, and post-market studies. Supports regional product launches and training, and partners with Medical Safety to support safe product use. Serves as member of the APJ leadership team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the regional operational function of medical affairs in collaboration with global medical affairs and aligned to global post-market studies/IME strategies
- Oversees the design and implementation plans of medical affairs programs in region.
- Ensures medical affair's objectives are aligned with the goals and mission of the company.
- Reviews and approves educational, promotional and reporting materials for use by internal stakeholders.
- Strategizes and prioritizes publication proposals for region and in alignment with global organization.
- Serves as member of the APJ Leadership Team, driving clinical/medical perspective into strategic dialogue
- Drives data dissemination strategies in collaboration with Professional Education
- Serves as the project champion to ensure timeline adherence and project completion.
- Provides strategic input into post-market research study protocols for specific projects promoting company message and value.
- Engages KOLs regionally through Ad Boards, conferences, other venues aligned with global KOL management and development strategies
- Directs and implements plans in conjunction with regional medical affairs/clinical operations for post-market clinical trials as it relates to strategic initiatives
- Executes plans for continuous improvement to create an environment in Medical Affairs that encourages and recognizes creativity, innovation, teamwork, risk taking and empowerment that drives Lifecycle Management.
- Supports product launches in region
- Provides SME and regional support for implementation of the Post-Market Safety Surveillance Program in collaboration with Medical Safety organization
- Provides solutions surrounding legal liability and compliance with local and regional governments.
- Ensures collaborative working relationship between Medical Affairs and internal stakeholders to deliver timely and expert support for product launches and in-market products
- May have 1 or more direct reports
ABOUT J&J SURGICAL VISION
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision offers a comprehensive portfolio of cataract, refractive, dry eye and eye care products. For patients struggling with debilitating cataracts, products include intraocular lenses (IOLs), laser cataract technology, phacoemulsification systems, viscoelastics, and related products used in ocular surgery. Key brands include CATALYS® precision laser system, TECNIS® and SENSAR® IOLs; Sovereign® Compact, Compact Intuitiv and WhiteStar Signature™ phacoemulsification systems; Healon® ophthalmic viscoelastics.
For patients seeking freedom from eyeglasses or contact lenses, J&J Surgical Vision offers refractive surgery products that include wavefront diagnostic devices, femtosecond lasers and associated patient interface devices; excimer laser vision correction systems and treatment cards. Key brands in the refractive business include iDesign™, iFS™, Star S4 IR, Advanced CustomVue™ and IntraLase®.
The ophthalmic medical device technologies from TearScience addresses the main underlying cause of Dry Eye, with key brands such as Lipiflow™, Lipiscan™, Lipiview™ II.
Products in the eye care line include disinfecting solutions, enzymatic cleaners, lens rewetting drops and artificial tears. These include COMPLETE® Multi-Purpose Solution EASY RUB™, RevitaLens OcuTec™ Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution and the Blink® range of eye care products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MD or equivalent degree in Ophthalmology required
- 10+ years of experience required; 5+ years ophthalmology experience or relevant field required
- Ophthalmic surgery experience preferred; Industry experience a plus (Medical Affairs and/or Clinical R&D)
- Fluency in English language required; fluent in Japanese and/or Chinese language preferred (as these are the two largest markets the role will support)
- Location in Singapore required
- Role will have > 50% travel
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships cross-functionally with key internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Ability to influence, shape and lead without direct reporting authority
- Ability to maintain and leverage relationships with KOL’s/experts in the field
- Excellent knowledge of Ophthalmology/Ophthalmic Surgery
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of post-market clinical studies, including study design, to support in-market products
- Awareness of AP Regulatory, legal, and reimbursement environment
- Good knowledge of study execution, pharmacovigilance, medical monitoring
- Sound knowledge of study publication processes and publications
- Highly customer and market place focused with an Big Picture orientation
- Innovative with the ability to coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Very strong and demonstrable communication and influencing skills that can impact at a Regional and Global level
- Awareness of and adherence to Johnson & Johnson Credo values
Strong leadership required in alignment with J&J Leadership Imperatives: Connect, Shape, Lead, and Deliver as noted below:
- Connect - foster strategic partnerships with team members and key internal stakeholders to ensure success of programs in region
- Shape – build strong relationships with KOL’s and external stakeholders to shape and influence relevant policies
- Lead – drive medical/clinical strategy in region and serve as project champion to ensure timely and expert support for product launches and in-market products
- Deliver – drive accountability and completion of key project deliverables aligned with regional and global strategy
AMO Singapore Pte. Ltd. (8387)