Johnson & Johnson Careers
GS Finance Service Delivery Manager for Outsourcing Operations
Requisition ID: 1805649528W
The GS Finance Service Delivery Manager for BPO is responsible for managing and overseeing end-to-end service delivery for across all business sector(s) and countries in Asia (Manila and Suzhou) outsourced to an external business partner of J&J (3rd Party – BPO)
- Reports to directly: GS Finance ATR Senior Manager
- Direct reports from: GS Finance ATR Team Lead(s)
Principal Accountabilities (external-focused with internal J&J view)
Policy and Strategy Development
- Develop ATR policies and procedures, deploy and monitor compliance by BPO (3rd Party - BPO).
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting for GS Finance as required.
- Manage the day-to-day services of the BPO (3rd Party - BPO), including all the coordination related to the service delivery performance, commercials and various initiatives.
- Drive the internal governance process with key J&J stakeholders.
- Serve as a single point of contact for BPO-related matters.
- Optimize the value of the BPO contract for J&J.
- Manage and coordinate all change orders - process and control alignments, business initiatives.
- Ensure all action plans related to the BPO (3rd Party - BPO) contract are meeting deadlines and quality expectations.
Internal and External Representation
- Work closely together with other Service Delivery Managers to ensure best possible communication and interaction with BPO (3rd Party - BPO).
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with all markets, business sector(s) and Centers serviced by the BPO (3rd Party - BPO).
- Ensure BPO (3rd Party - BPO) service delivery performance is meeting contractual and operational targets.
- Act as back-up of ATR Manager on Operations.
- Collaborate with BPO and internal J&J stakeholders to identify, drive and deliver standardization opportunities.
- Collaborate with BPO and internal J&J stakeholders to identify, drive and deliver continuous improvement opportunities.
- Proactively get involved in determining and implementing best practices.
- Ensure team members have the appropriate skills, supporting tools and technologies to enable them to deliver excellent customer service.
- Provide leadership, coaching, training and guidance team so they can proactively carry out their role to the highest possible standard.
- Manage and monitor team performance on a regular basis to ensure that service levels and targets as defined in Service Level Agreements are met; and take corrective action when required.
Work planning and Resource Allocation
- Develop and manage work schedules and activities, back up procedures and staffing requirements to ensure coverage at all times.
- Pro-actively allocate resources as required, including job rotation and cross training to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Create an environment that allows team members to grow and be continuously challenged.
- Develop, manage and adjust team goals.
- Develop team using an on-going coaching, objective setting, personal development and performance assessment and feedback sessions.
- Assist in recruitment, retention and motivation of staff as required.
Personal Career Development
- Work with Supervisor to set personal goals and objectives
- Meet training responsibilities by attending scheduled training
- Develop, maintain personal knowledge base of and adhere to procedures, business processes, and relevant application systems of own area of responsibility
- Seek opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance
- Be receptive to developmental feedback and strive to eliminate discrepancies between required competencies and current abilities
- Maintains high degree of professional conduct at all times
- Adheres to established office hours, policies, and dress code
- Promptly advise supervisor of absences no later than start of business hours
- Support auditors and legal authorities with the execution of required activities – ensure staff are available as required.
- Ensure current processes, systems, databases and information security are up to date and comply with current legislation.
- University degree in finance related field or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) required
- At least 6-8 years experience in the Record to Report function
- Has some experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable desired
- At least 5 years in a management role
- Experience in shared services center of a multinational corporation is required
- Experience in a shared service "Governance" of a multinational corporate is required
- Read/Write/Speak fluent English
- Demonstrates traits and behaviours in line with J&J Credo
- Strong leadership and management skills – planning, organization and direction of employees
- Strong coaching and counseling skills
- Ability to motivate and cultivate strong unified team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to help shape and model the desired culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative and analytical skills for problem solving and issue /risk mitigation
- Innovates and effects continuous improvement
- Strategic thinking and plans for the long term success of GS Finance
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams during a period of significant change
- Proven ability in advising Directors and Senior Management regarding complex and sensitive decisions
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles and processes, preferably supported by previous shared services management experience
- Strong knowledge of concepts, principles and procedures of Finance processes
- Ability to build strong internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to identify areas of improvement to work effectiveness and efficiency, and drive necessary action to completion
- Positive attitude and mindset towards constant change
- Ability to use computer applications as required – Microsoft application, SAP, and others
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ