Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen EMEA Commercial Regional Technology Leader
Requisition ID: 1805649354W
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing nearly 128, 000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
The Director IT, Janssen EMEA Commercial Regional Leader, is overall responsible and accountable for the commercial IT Regional organization of Janssen EMEA. The role will lead the regional IT organization which plans, designs, delivers and supports business solutions & systems for the commercial Janssen business in EMEA in cooperation with the JJT partner. The IT capabilities of the Regional Team cover the areas of marketing, sales force effectiveness, customer relation management & engagement, reporting, Business Intelligence and (advanced) analytics, multi-channel and mobile offerings, as well as collaborative & productivity enabling tooling.
The leader for the IT EMEA Commercial regional organization will build multi-year business solution and implementation plans that proactively address our EMEA business strategies & needs. As a key representative for the global pharma commercial IT capabilities, the role will define, shape and build roadmaps that span across markets in the region, integrate with the other commercial regions, and will drive for scalable solutions, both within the markets of EMEA, across the commercial pharma region as well as across the enterprise.
The role also organizes the strategic IT partnership with the regional business teams of Business Intelligence, Digital and iConnect in Emea, and as IT Business Technology Leader, is responsible for defining the technology strategy and negotiating options with these regional business partners, whilst acting as their first point of contact for IT solutions.
This director role is responsible for organizing the solution planning & design of all commercial IT solutions & systems in EMEA. The selected solutions are defined and architected in close partnership with the global pharm architecture group and follow the Federated Enterprise Architecture operating principles.
As most senior person of the IT EMEA Commercial Regional team, the role also holds the accountability for the project management, delivery, implementation and support of the commercial IT systems in the EMEA region, including expert services managing our operational applications, and will work closely together with the IT Enterprise partners in Technical Services for selecting and making operational the most effective and market appropriate delivery & support model for the various commercial IT activities.
- Strategic leadership for Janssen Commercial Regional Team
- Overall I/T responsibility and accountability for the commercial IT Regional Team of Janssen EMEA
- Build and lead the IT Commercial regional organization in alignment with the chosen Johnson and Johnson Technology operating model
- Identify opportunities for using technology in support of building and growing the Janssen commercial business
- Identify opportunities for using technology as an enabler to innovate, improve, automate, and simplify business processes for Janssen commercial to increase efficiency and profitability while reducing costs or generating more benefits.
- Drive organizational commitment and accountability to deliver operational excellence, business focus and overall development of our people
- Ensure alignment with the overall I/T strategic framework and operating principles
- Build organizational capability and bench strength through sound organization and people development practices
- Creates and sustains a credo-based culture
- Plan, design, deliver and support IT capabilities for commercial EMEA
- As most senior person of the IT EMEA Commercial CoE, the role holds the accountability for project management of key regional IT initiatives; the delivery, implementation and support of the commercial IT systems in the EMEA region, and the expert services managing our operational applications
- Builds multi-year business solution and implementation plans that proactively address our EMEA business strategies & needs in a timely manner and in support of the market dynamics
- Responsible for organizing the solution planning & design of all commercial IT solutions & systems in EMEA
- Closely work with the commercial market IT teams in capturing solution features, designing functionality, implementing capabilities and driving solution adoption
- Select and make operational the most effective and market appropriate delivery & support model for the various commercial IT activities in alignment and partnership with Enterprise IT
- Lead the strategic partnership with the regional business teams of Business Intelligence, Digital and iConnect in Emea
- As IT Business Technology Leader for the regional business partners, is responsible for defining their technology strategy, and negotiating options, whilst acting as their first point of contact for IT solutions.
- Holds overall budget responsibility for the IT Commercial Center of Excellence, both operating expenses and multi-year investment programs
- Ensure proper governance to cope with multiple business process owners and priorities, and supports a commercial IT portfolio in support of multiple markets, regions and enterprise. Set-up transparent financial mechanisms to cross charge true investment and running costs.
- Member of the Janssen IT EMEA Leadership team
As member of the Janssen IT EMEA Leadership team, proactively shape and influence the Janssen IT leadership agenda in the areas of
- Driving engagement and team work
- Optimizing business partnering and focus
- Skills, competencies, knowledge
- Career planning and people development
- Optimize our application portfolio, and redirect efforts to new initiatives
- Operating principles with market IT teams, and with IT Enterprise partners around Build & Run
- Architecture and technology choices
- Balancing market dynamic, strategic business initiatives and enterprise IT capabilities
- Hand offs, clear roles and responsibilities and partnering with other IT organizations
- Define, shape and build roadmaps that span across markets in the region, and integrate with the other commercial regions within Janssen globally
- Drive for scalable solutions, both within the markets of EMEA, across the commercial pharma region as well as across the enterprise
- Closely partner with the commercial market IT teams, whilst driving and negotiating reusable capabilities that meet market requirements in a timely manner
- Define solutions and select solution architecture in close partnership with the global pharm architecture group and follow the Federated Enterprise Architecture operating principles
- Work closely together with the IT Enterprise partners in Application and Infrastructure Services for selecting and making operational the most effective and market appropriate delivery & support model for the various commercial IT activities
Master Degree, in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
- 15+ years IT experience and relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Hands-on experience in regional and market commercial pharmaceutical IT roles is a must
- Successful track record in implementing large, multi-year, multi-national IT initiatives in the commercial pharmaceutical business
- Successful track record in leading virtual delivery teams in the pharmaceutical market
- Experience engaging and managing in an organizational matrix model with multiple stakeholders
- Leadership experience requiring interaction with most senior business leaders
- Experience in operating in a regulated environment
- Influencing & enterprise collaboration: Supports the development and execution of IT strategies
- Strong people leader, nurturing diversity of thought and culture
- Demonstrated strong business acumen: Keen understanding of the strategic priorities of J&J and IT
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen: manage commercial EMEA IT budget in line with the financial mechanics in J&J
- Demonstrates understanding of the J&J organizations
- Thought leadership: Advocates within team and business relationships for meaningful but difficult change
- Challenges the status quo to identify and drive change in ways of doing things better, faster and/or cheaper
- Solid understanding of the healthcare landscape and dynamics
- Skillfully balances the need to deliver short-term business results with what’s best for the organization long-term
- Ability to influence without authority
- High level of analytical and conceptual skills
Key Relationships & Organizational Responsibilities
The role reports to VP IT Janssen EMEA and is member of Janssen IT EMEA Leadership team
IT employees in EMEA IT commercial Regional Team
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)