Johnson & Johnson Careers
Finance Director (m/f) Medical Device Germany - Norderstedt
Requisition ID: 1805649034W
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
You provide strategic financial leadership, direction and management to our Hospital Medical Device (HMD) business in Germany (around 800M$ Sales) by being an integral member of the commercial leadership team.
This includes the development, execution and review of strategies and action plans to improve the value of our portfolio and go-to-market models. Taking a lead-role in the planning of revenue, allocation of resources, optimization of working capital and the management of the financial risks and opportunities. Improving current practices and developing new solutions and strategies to strengthen the financial knowledge and operating performance.
In addition, you ensure alignment and coordination with the Tax & Statutory department, the Regional Finance Organization, the Finance Centers of Excellence and Shared Services Center, ensuring financial integrity and compliance to the J&J corporate finance policies.
You lead a local Business Finance team of 9 people and be accountable for attracting and developing leaders of the future and improving the power of diversity and inclusion
- Run the delivery of the financial commitments, balance risks and opportunities and actively partner with the leadership team to course correct as required
- Collaborate with senior leadership to influence and craft business decisions and lead change upon a deep understanding of current and emerging market trends, customer needs and long term financial benefits
- Play a vital role in decision-making committees for commercial strategies and compliance questions to exploit the potential in this market. Lead prudent risk taking by dedicatedly implementing scenario plans to react quickly to changing business dynamics
- Lead all major finance updates (Updates, Business Plan, Quarterly Close, Latest thinking) including revenue planning and development of commercial operating expense budgets
- Prepare and participate in monthly business updates to the Cluster management, providing insights on economic and business operating trends and market dynamics
- Dedicatedly anticipate and positions the organization to identify business opportunities and risks emerging from the external environment
- Act as a role model in using the most critical and impactful analytical insights to develop foresight driven financial forecasts that create new value for the organization
- Develop and lead a strategic and holistic talent agenda and hold self and others accountable for developing plans for talent across specialty areas, business units, sectors and/or geographies
- Develop a strong partnership with the HMD regional finance team, Business Support COE in Pinewood, Tax and Global Services Finance in Prague
- Establish links and high-quality networks that facilitate open, impactful communication at all levels and across multiple functions and geographies
- Identify and implement operational improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance organization
- Meet all compliance requirements: SOX, HCC/HCBI/IAPP
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required
- MBA, CMA, and/or CPA is preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in Finance is required, including experience in leading teams and collaborating with senior management, preferred in a multinational multi-matrix environment
- A commercial mindset with a strong financial backbone and is confident at representing the organization & finance function at various levels inside and outside of Johnson & Johnson
- Experienced in translating insights into deliverable business solutions that focus on value creation, stabilizing short and long-term strategies
- Fluent in English
- Motivated by intellectual curiosity and innovative value creation
- Demonstrate a clear enterprise and global mindset
- There is a limited degree of travel (5%) required dependent on project involvement and specific cluster needs
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Johnson&Johnson Med GmbH (7930)