Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager External Communications (m/f) - EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805648867W
Johnson & Johnson is the world´s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services. The values that guide our decision making are motivated by a culture of caring. Caring for the world ... one person at a time? Inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. The company is operating in the fields of pharmaceuticals, medical advices and consumer health care products with 117,000 employees in more than 250 companies around the world.
We are currently looking for a
Senior Manager External Communications (m/f) - EMEA
- Development and delivery of the regional external communications strategy, including media relations, digital communications and thought leadership strategies in alignment with Janssen EMEA business objectives.
- Develops and leads strategic communications and brand building programs designed to raise awareness of the corporate brand and to enhance Janssen’s reputation at a regional level.
- Supports coordination of regional crisis communication whilst effectively communicating critically important information to external stakeholders.
- Leads and coordinates the development and content of all Janssen EMEA external communication channels including website and social media.
- Develops and implements innovative and impactful digital communications and social media activity – using insight, data and best practice sharing to understand Janssen’s digital audiences and identify the most effective digital communications strategies.
- Identify opportunities for content creation through multi- and cross media and digital channel analysis.
- Proactively oversees evaluation and coordination of media and reputation campaigns to ensure the production of consistent and high quality briefing materials for key stakeholders.
- Ensure a strong collaboration with the Senior Manager Organizational Communications & Employee Engagement as well as with the Senior Manager Leadership Communications alongside partnerships with other related functions at the Global and EMEA level. This will include the OpCo teams to maintain a close collaboration and ensure engaging content development, including visual communications.
- Stakeholder management, which includes regular interaction with the Communications teams in all locations to provide best practice on external communications consultancy, campaign planning and (digital) content development, asset creation, creative briefing advice and idea generation.
- Manages all proactive and reactive PR messaging.
- Leads cooperation with public relations and other agencies.
- Oversees budgets with the highest degree of fiscal prudence and responsibility.
- Leads a team of two direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (Master’s preferred)
- 8+ years of a 360 degree approach to communications with a strong understanding of the EMEA media landscape and various digital channels.
- Strategic communicator; demonstrates ability to translate business objectives into communications programs that achieve measurable results.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English, including copywriting experience for a variety of audiences and channels, and to reflect various leadership skills.
- With proven experience as company spokesperson they will be well-versed in the regional press, business and trade media landscape.
- Understanding and use of various media (video, Web, digital, etc.) to support an integrated approach to developing and managing content.
- Deep understanding of traffic/engagement drivers/metrics and analytics to facilitate measurement of success.
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking and problem-solving capabilities, with ability to distill technical information into stories for a variety of audiences.
- Exposure to and experience in specific areas such as web building, content creation, social media monitoring and engagement, digital analytics and reporting, targeting, video creation and campaign management.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills. This individual will be comfortable working with people at all levels in the organsiation and from different nationalities and cultures. Able to think creatively and strategically they will be able to manage multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills with an appropriate balance of attention to detail and agility to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience of motivating and engaging team members alongside managing budgets and external suppliers.
- A flexible and positive approach to change whilst bringing creative thinking and an innovative approach to external communications.
- Experience working on regional matters
- Native-level English language skills are required.
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Germany-North Rhine Westphalia-
Janssen-Cilag Germany (8000)