Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel
Requisition ID: 1805648596W
This Senior Counsel position is for an attorney within the Litigation Group of the Law Department of Johnson & Johnson. The responsibilities of this position are to advise and represent the company concerning competition matters in all sectors of the company’s business within EMEA and to ensure a consistent cross-sector approach.
- Advise concerning competition issues raised by the company’s mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures; work collaboratively with business development lawyers and professionals to develop strategy for efficient clearance of merger reviews.
- Oversee merger clearance filings and represent the company before competition authorities.
- Manage competition litigation, dawn raids and other government investigations in coordination with relevant country lawyers.
- Respond to third-party information requests from competition authorities.
- Advise on the competition aspects of distribution agreements, co-promotion agreements and other product rights agreements and ensure a coordinated cross-sector approach.
- Advise the company concerning emerging developments in competition law in the region and coordinate the cross-sector advocacy efforts to ensure a consistent company approach.
- Work closely with Law Department colleagues in advising regional and local business on significant competition law issues, including pricing and distribution practices in the region with the aim to have a consistent cross-sector approach.
- Work closely with Law Department colleagues to develop and deliver, competition training for all sectors and levels.
The preferred location of this position is Brussels, and it will report to the Chief Antitrust Counsel in New Brunswick, NJ.
A minimum of an EU law degree from an internationally or nationally recognized university is required, with all admissions being in good standing. A minimum of 10 years of experience in EU competition law at a top-tier, major market law firm, competition law enforcement agency, or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required. A candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English, and knowledge of other languages spoken in EMEA is desirable. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage complex matters in multiple jurisdictions. A candidate must have strong collaborative skills and the ability to interact with and counsel senior management is required. A positive attitude and the ability to work across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones and independently in a fast-paced environment are required. Prior experience with the life sciences industry (i.e., pharmaceutical, medical device and/or consumer healthcare) and experience with BD transactions will be viewed favorably. Must have the ability for moderate travel within EMEA and occasional travel to the U.S. or other regions.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)