Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Scientific Liaison (m/w) – Hematology
Requisition ID: 1805648511W
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, we are the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We are currently looking for a
Medical Scientific Liaison (m/w) – Hematology
Within this responsible position, you are responsible for proactively and reactively discussion of our products, treatment trends and studies in the specific therapeutic area on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders).
- To act as a scientific liaison, responsible for proactively and reactively discussing our products, treatment trends and studies in the specific therapeutic area, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders).
- To maximize company product value by feeding insights back to the company. Furthermore, a link shall be built between external stakeholders and different departments within Alpine to foster health economics, business insights and planning discussions. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan and the Stakeholder Outreach Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals measured by objective setting and performance reviews.
- The role is field-based and demands approximately 70% external customer interaction as it involves extensive Leading Specialists interactions. E.g. field based activities like: Ad-Boards, Round Tables, regular visits at hospitals to contact the KOLs/Leadings Specialists and investigators of our studies.
- Continuously updates knowledge of products, treatment trends, clinical activities and studies within the disease area
- Identifies evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications.
- Participates in international/national congresses and medical education events.
Development and maintenance of a contact network with health care professionals (HCPs):
- Identifies leading specialists and communicates medical information.
- Recognizes and nurtures relationships with rising stars within the scientific community.
- Champions through scientific interactions with Leading Specialists the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile and contributes to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
- Delivers medical information to external health care professionals. Collects insights on HCPs needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within the disease area and shares this information with the team to develop tactics accordingly.
- Responds to unsolicited medical information requests and forwards complex requests to the MSE.
- Participates in establishing an operational external Stakeholder Outreach Plan.
- Executes a Stakeholder Management Plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including: MAF, GCO, HEMAR, Commercial, Selling.
- Involves relevant stakeholders for the medical education events defined in the MAF Plan.
- Represents the company within therapeutic area professional associations in cooperation with Medical Head / Medical Director.
- Represents the company to patient organizations in cooperation with the external affairs manager.
Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external healthcare related audiences:
- Provides field based scientific support by providing scientific material, responding to unsolicited medical information requests.
- Knows all relevant patient organizations in the respective therapeutic area and engages them in close collaboration with the Patient Engagement & Advocacy Lead in order to initiate cooperation and discuss supporting requests. Project ownership will be defined together with the Patient Engagement & Advocacy Lead.
- Shares proactively non-promotional scientific, product and company information within the approved label during face to face meetings or telephone conferences.
- Generates e.g. Round Tables, clinic presentation, etc. in coordination with sales
- Communicates reactively ongoing research including our pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information.
- Uses digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication.
Supports the MSE in managing, planning, designing and executing MAF clinical activities in close co-operation with GCO and CROs:
- Studies clinical studies and exchanges knowledge with MSE to ensure information integrity for the company's products.
- Understands Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identifies data needs and opportunities, and engages in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects.
- Proposes investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Executes site set up, management and issue resolution upon ad-hoc request by MSE / GCO.
- Contributes to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings, recruitment follow-up and study result presentation.
- Discusses and accepts if appropriate investigator proposals for IISs and ensures they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision.
- Supports post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs.
Through scientific interactions, gains valuable insights into treatment patterns,
and scientific activities in the disease area and provides strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan needed for business decision-making.
- Works proactively with key thought leaders and academic institutions to advocate the responsible use of innovative therapies.
- Acts as medical counterpart for Sales in the field:
- Accepts and processes scientific queries forwarded by Sales.
- Acts as a medical speaker for educational workshops, seminars and programs for physicians, pharmacists and scientists initiated by Sales.
- Supports clinicians in the development of their content owned presentations.
- Distributes educational material for use according to company guidelines.
- Ethically gathers scientific, customer, and market information on pre-launch and marketed products as directed.
- Supports MSE by finding appropriate participants for medical activities that are reflected in CRM tool as “event”.
- Discusses and accepts if appropriate:
- Medical education requests (e.g. Edu Grants) and forwards them to MSE & MedEd and/or Medical Coordinator for further processing.
Ad hoc project work on request
Financial: Competence up to company’s regulations
Personal: Strong communication and influencing skills, a drive for results and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or natural Science university degree.
- Knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data.
- 2-4 years related work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship.
- Awareness of business acumen.
- Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment.
The role is field-based and demands approximately 70% external customer interaction.
Janssen Cilag Pharma GmbH (8558)