Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Lead, Business Analyst, MD&D CLS IT, EMEA
IT Project Management
Requisition ID: 1805648281W
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products. The organization is comprised of more than 250 operating companies with over 128,000 employees located in some 60 countries. With Global sales of USD 76.5 billion in 2017, Johnson & Johnson is recognized as one of the most admired and respected companies in the world.
Overview of Customer & Logistics Services (CLS)
Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a cross sector, global organization within the Enterprise Supply Chain Organization. CLS is responsible for the DELIVER part of the SC model and spans Warehouse & Distribution, Customer Service, Transportation, Brand Protection and Master Data Mgmt. CLS seeks to drive value through Innovation, Quality & Compliance and Cost effectiveness.
Overview of CLS IT
CLS IT is a global organization that is charged with partnering with the CLS Business organization to provision appropriate IT strategies and solutions in a cost effective and Compliant manner.
The Technology Lead, Business Analyst – Deliver EPL will liaise with business partners from the Medical Devices Supply Chain organization to understand their needs and translate them into requirements for products in the Deliver Enterprise Product Line (EPL). The person in this role is expected to become a subject matter expert for a subset of products in the Deliver EPL (e.g., ERP, EWM, XPS), maintain a deep understanding of the associated business processes (e.g., Inbound, Outbound, Cross docking, Transport management ) and assess the impacts of changes to the products under their scope of responsibility. They will collaborate with the Product Line Owner (PLO), Scrum Teams and Technology Services teams to deliver new products and enhance existing products to drive business value for the Medical Devices Supply Chain.
Business Requirements Management and Development
- Partner with the CLS business partners to understand what they may want and use effective elicitation techniques to translate into what is needed.
- Determine which rRDM approaches would ensure complete understanding by stakeholders including use cases, user stories, visualization, mapping, etc.
- Partner with PLO and Planning Excellence organization to ensure that business and product line processes are documented so they can serve as a reference for development and IT support.
- Write, manage, and clarify user stories and develop use cases for complex requirements. Prepare and update traceability matrix.
- Explain to DC Ops, Business QA, CS, Transportation organizations how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security, records retention and compliance policies. Provide documentation and participate in activities as required.
Business IT Interface
- Maintain a solid business and technical understanding of the Deliver EPL application landscape and become the subject matter expert for a subset of products in the logistics space.
- Assess the impacts of product changes on business processes, downstream & upstream systems (e.g., ERP, WMS, Planning.), validation documents and training materials. Partner with other groups to understand potential cross-functional impacts (e.g., QA, PLM, Finance).
- Offer solutions, recommendations and workarounds for business challenges enabled by technology. Discuss and help plan future project initiatives and enhancements with PLO and supply chain business partners.
- Document User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and assist business partners with UAT execution as needed. Help confirm that definition of done for requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure that each feature-level deliverable is aligned to a definition of readiness before starting sprint cycle.
- Work with RUN and BUILD teams to ensure SLAs are being met for Deliver systems. Manage communications, mitigation plans and timely resolution for critical incidents.
- Champion the Credo. Lead with dignity and respect, always balancing short-term results with the long-term future of Johnson & Johnson.
- Tracks progress of product development in the context of larger programs and report back to stakeholders on status of features/functionality.
Business Process Improvement
- Identify and drive opportunities for using technology as an enabler to improve, automate, and simplify processes. Implement improvements to application support, demand prioritization and project execution processes.
- Utilize metrics and dashboards to baseline and measure improvements.
- Leverage CPI and/or process excellence team output for process challenges. Conduct root cause analysis for key process challenges and map core processes and relevant sub-processes.
- Partner with team members of various sites and franchises to ensure consistency and standardization of processes and operating procedures.
- Promote innovation and continuous learning by fostering an environment that encourages new thinking and creative ideas.
- B.A/B.S degree is required, preferably in Information Technology, Engineering Supply chain or another related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related technology and/or supply chain experience is required.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes with an emphasis on logistics is preferred.
- Experience with WMS and ERP systems and their associated integration points is preferred.
- Ability to effectively capture business requirements and translate them into functional system requirements is required. The person in this role will need to become certified in rRDM.
- Experience working on projects following the Agile Scrum framework is highly preferred. Relevant certifications like Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are a plus.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills are required. Must have ability to convey complex information in a clear way and tailor communications to different audiences (e.g., senior management, developers, etc.).
- Solid relationship-building and team collaboration skills are required. Strong influencing skills and experience working in a global environment with people from different cultures and geographies are preferred.
- Must be a quick learner and demonstrate clear bias for action and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple activities is required.
- Direct experience with SDLC methodology is required
- Experience creating process maps and/or data flow diagrams is highly preferred with Igrafx.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical infrastructure and global landscape is preferred.
- Up to 20% domestic and/or international travel is required for this position.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
IT Project Management