Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER (3 years)
Requisition ID: 1805648149W
We are looking for a motivated post-doctoral researcher to join the Preclinical Development & Safety (PD&S) team within the Discovery Sciences organization at Janssen Pharmaceutica, located in Beerse (Belgium).
The applicant will be responsible for the overall management, evaluation and execution of studies aimed to create new insights in intestinal toxicity, the role of the (mucosal) immune system in this toxicity, the translation from in vitro to in vivo and the translation between species. The generated data will be used to develop translational quantitative systems-based toxicological models as part of the IMI2 Trans QST project. The goal of this project is to provide quantitative risk assessment for off‐target toxicities in man based on in vitro and in vivo models.
Primary responsibilities and skills of the applicant will include:
- Ability to independently design, execute, analyze and interpret (results from) preclinical in vivo toxicity studies. Selection of appropriate biomarkers (blood/ tissue).
- Ability to interpret the relevance of in vitro data for the in vivo situation.
- Immunology background, preferably with in depth-knowledge on mucosal immunity.
- Knowledge of (patho)physiology of the digestive system (mainly the gastrointestinal tract) is important.
- Some knowledge on Adverse Outcome Pathway-approaches and Quantitative System Toxicology Modelling is an advantage.
- Gain in-depth knowledge on the preclinical and clinical toxicity of the selected drug targets and the mechanisms of toxicity.
- Review and follow-up of novel literature and methodologies.
- The applicant is self-motivated and displays a high degree of scientific curiosity and creativity required to tackle complex investigational hypotheses. Therefore, an in depth knowledge of literature is required to function as an internal expert.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to maintain efficient interactions with internal and external collaborators.
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of the English language is required (oral/written).
- Applicants should hold a
Ph.D. in Medicine, Biology, Biomedical Sciences or equivalent.
- Strong scientific interest and curiosity with proven capability (including practical experience) to perform independent research indicated by a solid scientific track record, e.g. list of publications.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)