Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineering & Maintenance site lead
Requisition ID: 1805647792W
Partners with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition, and execution of projects and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as continuous improvement of the product's supply chain capabilities.
Encourages and supports the identification and development of innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Technical lead integrated with GM and site LT as single point of contact for Facilities, Engineering & Maintenance
- Combined responsibility for both Engineering and Maintenance on site
- Coordinate Facilities on site, single point of contact for GM
- Drive Engineering and Maintenance standards at site implementation
- Portfolio planning and project execution for all projects on site
- Responsible for IOQ on site
- Responsible to enact EHS&S policies and procedures on site
- Identifies, defines, and directs execution of projects driving innovative solutions and improvement for business units.
- Ensures that required documentation is completed and that process and procedural requirements are met.
- Ensures scope projection of tasks including compliance and quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, capacity increase, raw material qualification, and launch preparation.
- Drive engineering project management and engineering to execute projects to PDP standards, ensure projects completed on time and on budget
- Lead the site portfolio planning process and resource management activities
- Ensure application of EHS&S policies and procedures (contractor safety, work permits, etc.)
- Manage priorities for local Maintenance organization: deliver to KPI/targets and timing on both business and standardization expectations
- Manage resources for local Maintenance organization:
- Insource/outsource and associated headcount
- Training/competency strategy and management
- Operate Maintenance organization in line with ME2 expectations
- Coordinate with EHS to ensure site compliance
- Ensures that validation work is complete and accurate.
- Develops a tactical plan for future process engineering development in alignment with short-term and long-term company and business unit objectives.
- Monitors department budget dependent on site of 5-25 million dollars.
- Manage capital spend dependent on site of 3-12 million dollars.
- # Business Units (as well as technologies) supported by the site
- Mission of the Site (Launch & Growth Site versus Local access Site)
- Scale and complexity of equipment infrastructure
- Level of automation
- 80-100 HCs (large Sites Contractors (depending on amount and number of Projects and site specific contracts )
- Requirement for multiple organizational layers due to span of control and # of business units served
- High Complexity Site see 4 criteria listed above
- Large HC Site see criteria listed above
- MS/MBA/Ph.D. 12 yrs. PE Certification desired
- Proven track record in Project Engineering/Management in the pharmaceutical industry including design construction and commissioning and qualification.
- Experience in managing the maintenance function in the pharmaceutical or allied industry (food/beverage/cosmetic).
- Management experience.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to develop talent.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical and budgetary decisions for capital projects to ensure timely and correct execution.
- Technical and budgetary decisions for maintenance operations to ensure reliable and efficient operations
- Develop engineering and equipment standards where none exist.
- Creates innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision, to realize company objectives aligned with business plan
- Understand/balance when to apply standards and when new technical and business solutions are needed
- Strong record of global collaboration ensuring completion of significant projects and people development. Creates innovative technical and business solutions to realize company objectives aligned with business plan.
- Tracks technology/industry trends.
- Steers collaboration with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) and external partners (A&E Firms and construction firms) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, and coordinate and execute project plans.
- Prioritize facility issues to the site/regional Facility lead and serve as the single point of contact for the GM and LT for facility issues
- Office environment. Travel 15-25%
Cilag AG (8562)